• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Custom error document - 414 - doesn't work

goobliata

New Pleskian
I've set up custom error documents, and am testing a few. They mostly work but for 414 - Request URI too long uses the default Apache document. I've tested this by going to <mydomain>/<1 million letters> using Chrome (some other browsers don't allow that many characters.)

Hello, can you provide an example how you configured custom error document (part of config file).
Can you confirm other error codes work as expected and you experience problem only with 414 error code?

Hello. I haven't edited any config files directly, I just ticked the checkbox under Hosting Settings (if you can tell me which config file I can check it.)

I've tested a few other error codes and they work as expected. I'm not sure how to trigger all of them, but the only one that I tested that failed was the 414.

Thanks!

Dear @goobliata
I confirm it's a bug in error document name, thanks for a report.
You can fix it manually (as a workaround) by open /var/www/vhosts/<your domain>/error_docs and copy file request-uri_too_long.html to request_uri_too_long.html
Copying will prevent failure when fix will be released.

Back