1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Cron Error: run-parts /etc/cron.daily

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Basscar, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Basscar

Basscar Guest

Every day I receive this error message:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

error: logrotation:1 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:2 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:3 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:4 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:5 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:6 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:7 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:8 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:9 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:10 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:11 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:12 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:13 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:14 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:15 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:16 unknown option 'Ni' -- ignoring line
    error: logrotation:16 unexpected text
    error: logrotation:17 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:18 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: logrotation:19 unknown option 'KIO' -- ignoring line
    error: logrotation:19 unexpected text
    error: logrotation:20 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)

It has given me the errror when upgrading to version 10.4.4

2. PrestonF

PrestonF Guest

I get the same thing.

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

error: temp:1 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: temp:2 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: temp:3 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: temp:4 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: temp:5 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: temp:6 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: temp:7 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: temp:8 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
    error: temp:9 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)

I will try to remember to post here if I find a fix in the meantime.

3. ArtSmith

ArtSmith Guest

Likely Solution To Daily Cron Error: run-parts /etc/cron.daily

I discovered a file titled "temp" that contained a standard 404 error html page in the directory /etc/logrotate.d

This file has 9 lines of html, exactly the number of errors I am seeing, and html doesn't fit the config parameters for logrotate, so the errors make sense. I removed the file. I expect to see the errors no longer. :)

I'd suggest looking in that directory and checking all of the files. The list of files now in my directory are:

exim httpd iscsiuiolog mailman named nginx rpm samba sa-update snmpd syslog temp yum

Art

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
  4. PrestonF

PrestonF Guest

Amazing!

Thank you so much! Getting rid of those html lines finally fixed it! You sir are my hero.