• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Daily Cron Error: run-parts /etc/cron.daily

B

Basscar

Every day I receive this error message:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

error: logrotation:1 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:2 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:3 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:4 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:5 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:6 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:7 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:8 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:9 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:10 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:11 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:12 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:13 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:14 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:15 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:16 unknown option 'Ni' -- ignoring line
error: logrotation:16 unexpected text
error: logrotation:17 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:18 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: logrotation:19 unknown option 'KIO' -- ignoring line
error: logrotation:19 unexpected text
error: logrotation:20 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)

It has given me the errror when upgrading to version 10.4.4

I get the same thing.

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

error: temp:1 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: temp:2 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: temp:3 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: temp:4 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: temp:5 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: temp:6 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: temp:7 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: temp:8 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)
error: temp:9 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename (possibly in double quotes)

I will try to remember to post here if I find a fix in the meantime.

Likely Solution To Daily Cron Error: run-parts /etc/cron.daily

I discovered a file titled "temp" that contained a standard 404 error html page in the directory /etc/logrotate.d

This file has 9 lines of html, exactly the number of errors I am seeing, and html doesn't fit the config parameters for logrotate, so the errors make sense. I removed the file. I expect to see the errors no longer. :)

I'd suggest looking in that directory and checking all of the files. The list of files now in my directory are:

exim httpd iscsiuiolog mailman named nginx rpm samba sa-update snmpd syslog temp yum

Art

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing!

Thank you so much! Getting rid of those html lines finally fixed it! You sir are my hero.

Back