• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Debian 5 php 5.3.5 upgrade to Plesk 10.1.1 issue

K

kevin anderson

The Plesk autoinstaller is not allowing me to upgrade my debian Lenny to 10.1.1 from 10.0.1 due to the below error:

Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  php5-ioncube-loader: Depends: php5 (< 5.3.0) but 5.3.5-0.dotdeb.0 is to be installed

I thought Plesk was supposed to work independently of the PHP version, so I assume this is a bug in Plesk's Debian package? The php5-ioncube-loader is a parallels provided package, that is downloaded from autoinstall.plesk.com

Any updates on this issue? I see that fixes were provided for the redhat derivatives, but not the debian/ubuntu distros?

aptitude full-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
php5-ioncube-loader
The following packages will be upgraded:
php5
1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1060B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
php5-ioncube-loader: Depends: php5 (< 5.3.0) but 5.3.5-0.dotdeb.0 is to be installed.
The following actions will resolve these dependencies:

Downgrade the following packages:
php5 [5.2.17-0.dotdeb.0 (oldstable, now) -> 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny9 (oldstable, oldstable)]

Score is 20

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]

i don´t think there will come a fix.
parallels don´t want us to use php 5.3.x

Once again. Parallels does not provide PHP for hosting. It is provided by OS vendor. Contact Debian, Suse, RH, etc. if you want to use PHP 5.3.x or compile it by yourself from source.

ok, just for my understanding:

setup environment is a debian lenny 64bit minimal
at apt sources list there is only one extra source for php 5.3
then i use the autoinstaller and get this message that the dependencies of the ioncube loader are unmet.

in fact i´am able to install and configurate a working php 5.3.5 with useable ioncube loader.

and now you tell me that it is an issue of the system and php if the plesk autoinstaller behaves like this?

a) unmet dependencies with only addong php 5.3.x source
b) unmet dependencies with previous installed php 5.3.5 and manually install ioncube loader and edited php.ini to link to the new ioncube loader

so don´t write only "once again ..." - i´m sorry that i bought a product and that i have to ask some things for using it in the best way ...

Did you try install Plesk to debian lenny 64bit minimal environment without this "only one extra source for php 5.3" and update PHP later after success Plesk installation?

Igor,

This does not work. The issue at hand, is that php5-ioncube-loader has improper dependencies set. This is a package that is provided through the packages.parallels.com source, not the standard debian sources. This was not an issue until Plesk 10.1.1 I believe. Plesk 9.5.4 or even Plesk 10.0.0 did not have this dependency, as I was using php 5.3 for months without issues before upgrading to Plesk 10.1.1

php5-ioncube-loader: Depends: php5 (< 5.3.0) but 5.3.5-0.dotdeb.0 is to be installed.

Igor,

Is there an i386 version of that file? yes, I have tried backing out of the dot deb source and downgrading php, and re-attempting to upgrade. It still gives the same dependency issue.

There does not seem to be an i386 version of your version of the installer, and it is a different version than what is provided for the download provided at http://www.parallels.com/download/plesk10 . Do you have an i386 version?

First link is autoinstaller for i386 and second link is autounstaller for x86_64 platform.

I attempted as you suggested, still having issues.

As previously stated, this issue stems from the dependencies required in the .deb file. Note the below command line output.

dpkg-deb -I php5-ioncube-loader_3.2-11012014_i386.deb
new debian package, version 2.0.
size 281416 bytes: control archive= 411 bytes.
40 bytes, 1 lines conffiles
325 bytes, 10 lines control
Package: php5-ioncube-loader
Version: 3.2-11012014
Architecture: i386
Maintainer: Parallels, Inc. <[email protected]>
Installed-Size: 1012
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.7-1), php5 (>= 5.2.0), php5 (<< 5.3.0)
Section: Development/Languages
Priority: extra
Description: PHP ionCube Loader
This packages contain ionCube Loader for PHP
[08:47:28][root@vps~/parallels/PSA_10.0.1
$pwd
/root/parallels/PSA_10.0.1
[08:47:41][root@vps~/parallels/PSA_10.0.1
$dpkg-deb -I php5-ioncube-loader_3.2-11012014_i386.deb
new debian package, version 2.0.
size 281416 bytes: control archive= 411 bytes.
40 bytes, 1 lines conffiles
325 bytes, 10 lines control
Package: php5-ioncube-loader
Version: 3.2-11012014
Architecture: i386
Maintainer: Parallels, Inc. <[email protected]>
Installed-Size: 1012
Section: Development/Languages
Priority: extra
Description: PHP ionCube Loader
This packages contain ionCube Loader for PHP
[08:47:44][root@vps~/parallels/PSA_10.0.1
$dpkg -l | grep ioncube
ii php5-ioncube-loader 3.2-11012014 PHP ionCube Loader

as you can see, the Depends list:

This is in effect keeping php 5.3 from being installed properly in an environment with Plesk on debian 5.

Debian 6, fyi, defaults to php 5.3.

Back