• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Dedicated FPM application and subdomains

Patashoow

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.60
Hello,

In Home > Domains > PHP settings, if I set the "run PHP as" option to "Dedicated FPM application...", will that setting also be applied to all subdomains?

I have multiple subdomains on my website and I was previously using shared FPM with the value "FPM application served by Apache" but when I updated that value for the main domain (domain.tld) to be dedicated and checked "sub1.domain.tld" and "sub2.domain.tld", the old value is still there.
So will every subdomain have its own dedicated pool or will it be applied for the whole website?

In Home > Domains > PHP settings, if I set the "run PHP as" option to "Dedicated FPM application...", will that setting also be applied to all subdomains?
The PHP handler only applies to that specific domain. So the handler for sub domain aren't changed.

I have multiple subdomains on my website and I was previously using shared FPM with the value "FPM application served by Apache" but when I updated that value for the main domain (domain.tld) to be dedicated and checked "sub1.domain.tld" and "sub2.domain.tld", the old value is still there.
So will every subdomain have its own dedicated pool or will it be applied for the whole website?
By default a shared pool is used, however each domain has it's own PHP settings. When a dedicate PHP handler is used the domain runs in a completely separate pool.

Thank you for the clarifications.

So just to be 100% sure, if I for example set a dedicated pool for the main domain and every subdomain and then repeat the same settings for the process manager to be static with 100 child processes, I will have 100+(number_of_subdomains x 100) permanent child processes right?

I have one other maybe stupid question but are the shared pools only shared by the domain and all its subdomains or are they shared by the whole server?

If for example my server hosts domain.tld (with sub-1.domain.tld & sub-2.domain.tld) and other-domain.tld (with sub.other-domain.tld), when I set the "run PHP as" option to "FPM application served by Apache" (not dedicated) for both domain.tld and other-domain.tld, does that mean that domain.tld and other-domain.tld and all their subdomains share the same pool or each domain with its subdomains has its own pool?

Back