• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

default proftpd.conf

DIEEX1

New Pleskian
Hello i need a default proftpd.conf for plesk 12 Debian 8 because i have installed a software from teklab for administration for gameserver and more. I think the software have switch the proftpd config-
My montoring service show me that the ftp service ist not online.

kind regards

Hello i need a default proftpd.conf for plesk 12 Debian 8 because i have installed a software from teklab for administration for gameserver and more. I think the software have switch the proftpd config-
My montoring service show me that the ftp service ist not online.

kind regards

@DIEEX1

It is very unlikely that the proftpd.conf file itself has changed and/or that the ftp service has stopped, due to a change in the proftpd.conf.

It is more likely that a custom config file has been added, with this custom config file not properly defined.

If the latter is the case, re-installing of the proftpd package will not help, since the custom config file will still exist.

Try to find the custom config files, installed by the teklab software.

By simply changing the extension from .conf to .conf.bak (or similar), you can test whether this file is the root cause of your problem: if the custom config file extension has been renamend and a connection can be made to the ftp service, then the custom config file is the problem.

Post the contents of the file, if you discover that the custom config file is the problem.

Otherwise, provide some additional details about the issue (logs, console output, anything that is or can be relevant).

Regards....

Back