• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Dependencies problem

MatteoFormenti

New Pleskian
Hi everybody,
I'm configuring a VPS for a costumer, it came with Ubuntu 14.04 and i tried to update to 16.04.01.
While it was upgrading, I received some error messages from Plesk (unfortunately I can't remember what the message was), the installation proceeded and the server restarted.
When I tried to access via SSH, it displayed the 14.04 version of ubuntu, and now, whenever I try to install or purge any package, I receive this error

Code:
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 plesk-core : PreDepends: pp12.0.18-bootstrapper but it is not installable
              Depends: log4cpp-plesk but it is not installable
              Depends: plesk-base (>= 12.0.18) but it is not installable
              Depends: plesk-service-node-utilities (>= 12.0.18) but it is not installable
              Depends: libpam-plesk but it is not installable
              Depends: psa-zendframework (>= 1.11.15) but it is not installable
              Depends: psa-phpmyadmin (>= 3.5.2.2) but it is not installable
              Depends: psa-phppgadmin (>= 5.1) but it is not installable
              Depends: plesk-aps-php-runtime (>= 11.6.0) but it is not installable
              Depends: libmyodbc but it is not installable
              Depends: psa-libxml-proxy but it is not installable
              Depends: sw-doctrine but it is not installable
              Depends: psa-pylibplesk but it is not installable
              Depends: psa-locale-base-en-us (>= 12.0.0) but it is not installable or
                       psa-locale-base-12.0.18 but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
Unfortunately, even if I force-ignore the dependencies, Ubuntu tries to install them and the error goes on.
I also tried both the plesk-installer and plesk-remove script, but they both fail dureing the connection to the mySQL db.
Code:
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Since getting to the server to do a manual installation of a new operating system would cost a lot and I've never tried installing an os over SSH...
Thank you very much for the attention!
Matteo Formenti

Hi,

your pp12.0.18-bootstrapper and psa-locale-base-12.0.18 points at you using plesk 12.0 , not 12.5 .
Which according to the following two documents is not (officially) compatible with the new Ubuntu 16.04

http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...12.0-for-linux-installation-upgrade-info.html
https://talk.plesk.com/threads/ubuntu-16-04-official-final-release-date-april-21st-2016.337463/

And though Plesk 12.5 allows for certain dist upgrades, Plesk 12.0 never has.
Sorry for the potentially bad news
Tom

Last edited:
Back