• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Did your upgrade to plesk 8 go successfully?

Just upgraded to 8.0.0 without errors.

I will try some of my client's servers upgrade this week too and post here the outcome, im pretty sure there will be no errors.

uh? lol.... I'll keep ya posted on the other upgrades...

BTW, I love the Remote MySQL server feature.... indeed that plus the Domain Alias, for the first time in years i see Sw-Soft doing it right.

the rest, (SPF is great too, and queue manager) is just eyecandy c r a p i prefer usable stuff.. now i would like to see also remote mailserver integrated into plesk. that would rock :p and awstats.

Has anybody successfully upgraded a Debian 3.1 system yet?

What are the pitfalls?

Thx

First run went well, second set of updates have failed. I am in some hung state. When I try to do the update via the web page it says an update is already running. Yet when I look at the system there is no update running. Any ideas on how to fix?

fedora core 3

-chrisl

The auto-installer went on well (from 7.5.4 - latest updates, Fedora Core 2)...
But after the upgrade, I had several problems:

- unable to access to Plesk Admin due to an error in the Mysql DB concerning the Battlefield module (I had to remove it in order to access again to Plesk Admin)

- all the sites using PHP were ****ed up. It was due to a earlier installation of Zend Optimizer. The update recreated my php.ini to a 5 line one... I had to manually recover it from an old backup.

- after the installation of the drweb add-on, the server crashed... Had to reboot it manually.

- my mail log file is growing by 25mo/day due to strange message coming from mail failure between postmaster and drweb-daemon...

- the Horde 3.1 is sure a good news, but it's still buggy...

So, finally, my server is running, things are going on well, but it needed about one day in order to fix the most problematic issues and I'm still waiting on SWSoft support to correct the minor ones...

Word

I've installed PLESK 8.0.0 on two 1and1.com FC2 boxes.

My box installed perfectly. Yes - perfectly.

After installing, I noticed that there were a few DNS configurations not working (webmail. and mail. were missing on a few sites that I had migrated previously). I don't know if this was due to the upgrade, but I quickly ran:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng --reconfigure-all

--

I then upgraded a friend's 1&1 FC2 box and had all kinds of trouble!

I've looked through the forums and confirmed that I'm not alone!

First, I received the PHP IonCube install error which triggered other install errors. This was remedied by renaming:

/etc/php.d/ioncube-loader.ini to ioncube-loader.bak

Then the second errors I received were for installing the Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 modules.

Omitting those made the install go perfectly!

-----

ART (www.atomicrocketturtle.com) side notes --

You will HAVE to remove qmail-scanner before upgrading to PLESK 8. You can reinstall it afterwards.

I found that when I did this, either PLESK or the qmail-scanner uninstall (yum remove qmail-scanner) removed -Rt0 from my /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa which slowed e-mail down - so that had to be replaced.

ART product users should be very well accustomed to having these extension cause problems with upgrading (remember the MySQL / PHP ART RPMs and PLESK v6.0 -> v7.0 upgrade?)

--

Overall, this was the easiest upgrade for a major release. v5.0 to v6.0 was nasty. v6.0 to v7.0 was nasty. v7.0 to v7.5 wasn't half bad... but this went relatively smooth and besides the bizarre ioncube problem, it was easy to troubleshoot installation problems.

well i have already upgraded arround 20 boxes that i manage and none of them have given me problems, some php issues, and the pleskbackup tool doesnt work correctly.

but for the rest, it goes very well.

regards :)

and yes, I only use php and mysql from ART (they rock) so no probs with that.

Originally posted by poldo76
Upgrade with Debian 3.1 don't work :mad:

I took the plunge anyway.

Running Debian 3.1 the Updater worked fine.

I first ran the updater in 7.5.4 then used the updater to upgrade to 8.0.0

My notes:

The upgrader could not handle the fact that the Zend decoder had created a symbolic link to php.ini in place of the installed copy and simply created a new file with a few entries in it.

I restored the original from a backup and manually edited it with the new entries, restarted apache - problem sorted.

I had to re-install the Advanced Statistics from 4PSA

I am getting a license key error - I am aparently running in a Grace Period now?!? Retrieve Keys only reports that my current key is up to date. So a quick email to swsoft support - I am confident that will get dealt with.

So far, so good - I have tested many sites and they seem to function well (after the PHP fix).

I will post if any other errors rear up.

Originally posted by mlovick
Has anybody successfully upgraded a Debian 3.1 system yet?

What are the pitfalls?

Thx

My update to debian failed the first time complaining about a hosts entry or a /etc/resolv.conf error, yet these 2 files were good. After a few hours I eventually got my system back to 7.5 and I started doing the update manually. (dpkg -i). It failed again on dpkg -i psa. _8.... with the same error. I deleted the hosts file and only added one line reflecting the IP address and FQDN only. (no 127.0.0.1, no IP aliases etc). The update then went through successfully.

Upgraded from 7.5.4 to 8.0 on FC2

First attempt puttered out. Second attempt successful

Then email would only work locally, couldn't send out of the box period: resolved by fixing SPF dependicies and removing spamassassin and reinstalling several times Too many to tell you exactly which order fixed it.

Php safe mode was on, turned off and all was back to normal

Migration, still having trouble migrating from a raq4 otherwise all is well in the world again.

FreeBSD 5.4 Plesk upgrade from 7.5.4 to 8 was bumpy , primarily because the installer couldnt overwrite
/usr/local/psa/apache/bin/apachectl
/usr/local/psa/apache/bin/apxs
/usr/local/psa/qmail/sendmail
and the installer and psainstall.log file wouldnt tell me that. I had too "chflags noschg eachfile" and the installer had no errors. After that the install completed successfully. The only real problem I had was most of the domains files were owned by users other than the owner. Very screwed up. I only have 40 domains so it wasnt as bad it it could have been for some others with 100's or even 1000's , but i fixed up owners and permissions on all domains and plesk8 seems flawless right this sec.

Mine failed from 7.5.4 and mail is not working... I think it is a problem with mismatching db entries????? Here is the error
Code:
Get Plesk product packages.
Get system update packages.
Start packages installation
Install package psa
 Trying to define super-server internet daemon type... xinetd
 Trying to check if xinetd daemon is running... done

Trying to stop MySQL server... done
 Trying to start MySQL server... done
 Trying to establish test connection... connected
 Making some checks before upgrading

Now BIND server shutting down...

Trying to stop BIND server... done
 Trying to start BIND server... done

BIND server starts Ok.

VERSION MISMATCH:
PLESK DATABASE VERSION: 075
PLESK INSTALLATION VERSION: 071

ERROR while trying to check version match
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa_8.0.0_RedHat_el3_build80060331.13_upgrade.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %pre(psa-8.0.0-rhel3.build80060331.13) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-8.0.0-rhel3.build80060331.13
Error while execute command rpm -U /root/psa/PSA_8.0.0/dist-rpm-RedHat-el3-i386/base/psa-8.0.0-rhel3.build80060331.13.i586.rpm 
ERROR: error while executing RPM
ERROR: Installation failed
Anyone know what to do when there are mismatching database versions?

Does someone know if there are already hotfixes for the problems noticed on the forum?

Well I upgraded to 8 today.
Had no real problems apart from a small issue with ioncube loader that some of my clients require.
Sorted that out and also have eacclerator running.
:) :) :)

i updated from 7.5 (with mor_rewrite and php5) after the update the apache was dead.

apache says something like "the perl module 'python' could not be found"

I updated 2 servers from 7.5 without errors.

Redhat Enterprize 4.

How about anyone running Plesk 7.5.4 in a VPS updating to 8? Anyone tried that yet? Whats the best way (of the hundred ways) to do the upgrade? Via HSPc or through Virtuozzo templates?

I simply use the vzpkg tool which works flawlessly.

Absolutely no complaints so far.

Back