• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Different urgent questions before final migration from Confixx 3.3.6 to Plesk 11.5.30

FrankHe

New Pleskian
Hi :)

I am currently in the process of final migration from Confixx 3.3.6 to Plesk 11.5.30.

Hope you can help me with my questions soon as I want to migrate within the next days!

===

Current situation:

I have different resellers / customers in Confixx on old server running.

There are different IPS allocated to this server, which should be kept in the new Plesk 11.5.30 after migration.

At the moment I have manually created different resellers at the new Plesk server and also customers.

There is currently ONE temporarily IP assigned to the new Plesk server, which should be replaced by the IPs of old server.

The old IPS are not assigned yet to the new Plesk server, as I am not sure fully, how to assign them correctly.

===

Status on old Confixx server:

78.46.xxx.100
78.47.xxx.248
78.47.xxx.249 res12
78.47.xxx.250 res2
78.47.xxx.251 res8
78.47.xxx.252 res9
78.47.xxx.253
78.47.xxx.254 res11

===

Status on new Plesk server:

Currently only one IP (Temp) assigned
Some resellers are created for the use of this special IP Adresses from old server.

===

1st Question)

Can I assign the old IPs to the new Plesk server resellers and users, before they are finally activated on the new Plesk server?

I have already seen the Server Management - Tools / Extensions -> IP Adresses and the possibility to ADD IPs to the new Plesk server.

I have seen that there is the difference between "Shared IP" and "Exclusive IP" and I have read that it is depending if the new IP address should be used by one or more customers / resellers.

Should I use shared or exclusive IP? I have already seen how I can assign an IP to a specific user in Plesk, so my main question is if I can assign the IPs to the Plesk, even the server is not ready configured for the new (old Confixx) IPs?

===

2nd question)

For some users of the old Confixx server it would be good that the current data (emailaccess / emails and user names) can be kept and I have thought about doing this with the migration assistent.

I have already tested the migration with some users and it worked well - but I have not found out how I can migrate a special user to a specific reseller.

I have a reseller called "customers" on Plesk for example and I have some "customers" on old Confixx server, which should be migrated to new customer reseller.

===

Thats all for the moment - hope you understand what I mean.

Many thanks for your time

Frank

Back