• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Direct admin to Plesk migration blocked

lvs78

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am trying to migrate users from a Directadmin 1.51.3 (on CentOS) to Plesk 17.5 (on Ubuntu 14)

I am getting this error:
Failed to connect to target Plesk server by Plesk API: Plesk error [1006]: Access to API is disabled for xx.xx.xx.xx

Wich is really strange, since I am not migrating from Plesk but from Directadmin.

I have another Plesk server wich is able to connect to the direct admin server just fine. Unfortunately I need to get the users to the failing server.

Any idea in what file on my old server I could check for an ip-block or something?

I have not been able to find the answer on this forum or Google yet. Thanks.

Last edited:
I have checked iptables on the direct admin server, there is no listing for any blocked ipadress. Port 8443 is available, as suggested for a similar problem elsewhere on the forum.

Yes I have seen that thread, but thank you.

API is enabled in the /usr/local/psa /admin/conf/panel.ini

That folder (usr/local/psa) and according underlying directories/file do not exist on the direct admin server. I assume this is a plesk file.

Can you connect from the source to the target server and vice versa by SSH and the "root" user manually? Is the user name "root"?

Yes, I had not tried that yet, but I can.
Server 1 is able to login from commandline through ssh to server 2 and vice versa.
The user is indeed root.

Ah! I misread that... I thought the source server needed that port open. I had done the telnet check on the directadmin server instead.
Now that you put that in CAPS ... it sinks in. That works indeed. Feel quite silly now...

Thank you for your fast replies!

Back