1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Directory Protection Problem

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by gmcl, Nov 21, 2006.

1. gmcl

gmcl Guest

Hi

Until my host decided to crash their server I had a couple of directories protected with username and password. When the server came back up I noticed that the username/password dialogue box did not appear when you accessed pages in these directories.

I deleted the original protection and reset using the Web Directory - Protection option and then setting up users. But it still refuses to work.

Can anybody point me in the right direction [don't know a great deal about Plesk 7.6 - but hey it worked before so why not now].

Appreciate any help.

Cheers

Graeme

2. Arundel69

Arundel69 Guest

Graeme, I wonder if you got any reply to this. I have exactly the same problem, although I attribute it to upgrading to Plesk 8.1.