• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disable filesharing feature

altec_lansing

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
I've just updated from 10.2 to 10.3.
Now I noticed the filesharing feature,
seems to be quite interesting, but there are 2 problems, I'm not able to solve on my one.
First one: Files uploaded to the server are stored on the servers root direcotry/files
('/domain.tld/files' (btw. I've no idea where to find that directory on my server) )
Every user can upload as much as he wants, but I need them to have a limit per user
(every user is connected to a email account, which is limited to 20MB).
Because of not beeing able to set a limit for each user: The second problem:
I want to dissable the filesharing feature for everyone.
So I've created a new user role ('test'), without any rights.
After that, I created a user (test) with the emailadress [email protected] and the just created-without-any-rights-role 'test'
Loging into the plesk panel with the user [email protected], I'd to see, that nothing has changed...
The user is still able to upload as much as he wants....
Hope someone can help me with that.

Thanks in advance
Altec

I installed the samba fileserver modul,
caus I thought there might be a problem with samba running in the background or something like that.
Nothing has changed and deactivating samba didn't help me either, think there is no connection between samba an the filesharing option of plesk.
Anyone who's got an idea?

Altec

I 'solved' the problem on my own.
Creating a customer and changing the subscriber of my domain to that new customer did it for me.
Seems, that domains, 'hosted' by a customer and not by the panel admin, don't have that filesharing feature.
I would have prefered beeing able to change filesharing settings instead of 'removing' it,
but to me this seems to be the only possible way dealing with it.

Altec

-> solved

An easy way!

I found the easiest way:
Enter to your administrator account of Plesk, then click on the "Server" tab, then click on the "Settings" tab. You will find File Sharing Settings in the General category. Click on it and you will be directed to another page. In this page you can Uncheck the "Enable public files" item under the "Public files" category. Then click on "ok" button in the buttom of the page. The process may take long time to proceed. Don't close the page. It will be done.
That's it!

Good luck friends!

Back