• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

disable mail service for one domain

danliker

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Certified Professional
---------------------------------------------------------------
Parallels Plesk Panel 10.3.1 MU#16, CentOS release 5.7, x86_64

*PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE*
A Domain uses external Mail Service like Google or something else. So we need to turn off Mail service to prevent local delivery.

*ACTUAL RESULT*
It is not possible anymore in Plesk 10, you can only do it on subscription level not on domain level.

*EXPECTED RESULT*
Possibility to disable mail service on domain level.

*ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION*
As suggestions are ignored in "Parallels Product Experts Discussion" i give it one more try here with a new suggestion ...
(http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=208691)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for report. I have forwarded it to responsible person for investigation. I will keep this thread updated with results.

I am very much in need of the same option. Is there any progress on this?

Hi, it is not available yet, but we are looking into it. Is it really common that one domain in subscription is running local mail and another one does it elsewhere?

Well, we don't use the mail functionality of Plesk at all, but I can't find an option to disable e-mail all together for all accounts.

Plesk can hide mail UI server-wide, but I think it can't disable mail service server-wide for now

Hiding is not enough. When creating a new account, mail is enabled by default. When a webform to e-mail is being used in a website, e-mail will never leave the Plesk server, even if mail is not hosted on the Plesk server. There in lies our problem.

I understand. What if "Service Plans" had an option to disable mail service? You could change defaults once and have them applied to all future subscriptions. Would it be a solution for you if applied this way?

That would be great and definitely help. Thank you for your suggestion Sergey :)

Back