• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disable wp-cron

wwwAndries

New Pleskian
When you disable the wp-cron in the wp-toolkit, there is also a scheduled task generated to execute the system cron. Is it possible to disable the automatic creation of this task?
I've my own system cron running and don't need/want these tasks.

What does this variable do: 'useShiftCronUpdateTask'?

There is no option to disable the cron completely via WordPress Toolkit. When disabling wp-cron, toolkit creates a scheduled task to cover scheduled activities on a website. If you will remove the scheduled task, it will be re-created automatically.

Actually, you can try to turn off maintenance activities that re-create a scheduled task:

[ext-wp-toolkit]
wpCronDisablingMaintenance = true

But anyway, you will need to remove an automatically created task first.

There is no option to disable the cron completely via WordPress Toolkit. When disabling wp-cron, toolkit creates a scheduled task to cover scheduled activities on a website. If you will remove the scheduled task, it will be re-created automatically.
Yes, I know, but I don't the toolkit re-created the task automatically. I disable the wp-cron default with the installation of WordPress and I've a wp-cli script that runs the cron for each site 2 times an hour without further configuration. This worked fine until the option to disable the wp-cron from within the wp-toolkit appeared.

> What does this variable do: 'useShiftCronUpdateTask'?

Could you please clarify, where did you see this option?

Actually, you can try to turn off maintenance activities that re-create a scheduled task:

[ext-wp-toolkit]

But anyway, you will need to remove an automatically created task first.
> What does this variable do: 'useShiftCronUpdateTask'?

Could you please clarify, where did you see this option?
Panel.ini

[ext-wp-toolkit]useShiftCronUpdateTasktrue

You can completely disable the feature:

[ext-wp-toolkit]
wpCronDisablingAllowed = false

In this case, wp-cron management control will disappear in the user interface.

I do not see an option 'useShiftCronUpdateTask' in WordPress Toolkit configuration. It seems like the documentation is a bit outdated. Could you please give me a link on the document where it's present?

This doesn't work, cronjobs are still recreated.
[ext-wp-toolkit]

Disabling or re-schedudling (i.e. once a year) the cronjobs doesn't work either, wp-toolkit will enable the jobs again or create a new one. Sometimes even multiple cronjobs for one site. I've a subscription with 3 sites/domains and there are 10 jobs created!

This is really weird. I would like to suggest to create a support ticket for investigation directly on your server.

Back