• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disaster Recovery / Fastest Restore

CGI1979

Basic Pleskian
Dear Plesk group,

I'm working on a plan for restoring my whole Plesk server fast in a worst case scenario.
Which will never happen hopefully. ;)

The backup is a full backup done by the Backup Manager in Plesk.
It lies on a remote FTP server.

Right now I'm fetching the whole backup directory with wget while in the background the Plesk Installation is running. These actions take about 1h to complete.

Afterwards I would restore with /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore.

Is there a better way? For example installing Plesk directly out of a full backup?

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Igor! The tutorial describes how to restore if the old disk is still accessible.

What would be the way to restore a full backup created by the Backup Manager?
Doesn't the full backup also include all the information to restore the Plesk Panel itself?

Thanks! One last question. This command returns the following error:

/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore /var/lib/psa/dumps/backup_info_1504082311.xml -level server

PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object; File: /opt/psa/admin/plib/backup/Conflicts/PleskDataManager.php, Line: 173
PHP Notice: Undefined index: 178.13.239.166; File: /opt/psa/admin/plib/backup/Conflicts/PleskDataManager.php, Line: 180

I want to use the IP addresses of the old machine also on the new machine, so I don't need the map parameter do I?
I haven't created the network interfaces yet. Does pleskrestore need those to work properly?

I probably need to create a map with 178.13.239.166 shared -> 178.13.239.166 shared to make this work right?

Back