• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Displaying Script Errors

S

subho

Hi,

I want to turn on the feature which will allow me to see the script errors on the browser.

To further clarify, I have a php script which has got an syntax error, when run on the local setup it display the error i.e. the parse error, but on the live server, the same script just shows up a blank page, no error is shown. I want the error to be shown on the live server too.

Is there any PLESK setting that needs to be set which will turn this feature on?

It will be great if someone can give me some pointers on this.Thanks in advance

-Subho

Modify /etc/php.ini and make sure this line is uncommented and the rest of the "error_reporting" lines are commented out:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

create an .htaccess file in the folder where the script is running and add the following line to the .htaccess file:

php_flag display_errors on

This will turn on error display only for this folder and not the rest of the server

Hello jwdick,

sorry for replying so late, actually i was out of town and cld not check the solution.

But I checked it today, and it worked like a charm !!!! Thanks a lot for the solution.

-Subho

Back