• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS setup

armann

New Pleskian
Hi there.

I have a strange problem. When Plesk creates a domain it uses the server wide DNS setting like this :

<domain>. NS ns.<domain>.
<domain>. A <ip>
<domain>. MX (10) mail.<domain>.
<ip> / 24 PTR <domain>.
ftp.<domain>. CNAME <domain>.
mail.<domain>. A <ip>
ns.<domain>. A <ip>
webmail.<domain>. A <ip>

What I need to do is to make the NS records for all the domain in PLESK the same. The NS records needs to be ns1.blabla.is and ns2.blabla.is for all the domain.

When I try to create a new DNS record this happens :

Record type
Enter domain name .<domain>.
Enter nameserver * .

just to clarify ... I cannot use the <domain> because then I would have to create a nameserver with my registrar for each of my domains.

Any ideas ?

thanks,
Armann

Hi,

Plesk creates dns records for all new domains according to global dns template: Plesk -> Server -> DNS settings

Just add you records s1.blabla.is and ns2.blabla.is there.

thanks for your answer

The problem is this.

On my plesk server I have 10 domains.

for example

bull1.is
bull2.is
bull3.is
bull4.is
bull5.is
bull6.is
bull7.is
bull8.is
bull9.is
bull0.is

I need to have the same dns server for all the domains, so the NS records needs to be ns1.nn.is and ns2.nn.is in each domain dns files.

hope you understand what I mean.

thanks again.
ARmann

you have already created domains so now you have to edit them manualy. But for future domain creation you can use template as Bender told you before.

I have problem with setting my dns for domain so it will work. Anyone who could explain it to me?

Back