• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Do you "extend" your PSA installation

both ART and other modifications. nothing from myself, since I found out the hard way that that just doesnt work :D

It’s fun putting on your own modifications. Then you can try to smell the smoke from the data center hundreds of miles away.

John

Originally posted by wjtech
It’s fun putting on your own modifications. Then you can try to smell the smoke from the data center hundreds of miles away.

John

hah - good one. keeps me entertained while I abuse nano to modify configs and make my server more secure.

thanks to ART it's all possible ;)

Used to use ART's php and mysql rpm's... and back in the day i used his mailscanner.

But with Fedora php and mysql get updated all the time so I stopped getting art's stuff... and also 4PSA did a great job on providing antispam and antivirus with a interface that plugs into plesk, which was something ART was definately missing, and 4PSA offers a great way to give more 'features' to your customers.

I don´t use linux....I more confortable with BSD flavors.

Snif, Snif, Snif ... I can´t use scott´s pkgs.. tunnings..... I thinking in put one RH/CENT VPS to test ;)

Tia

CMS

My sites all run with a CMS that I custom designed for all of my clients ... using the httpd.d folder and examples of how Squirrelmail (ART) and Horde were configured to be globally accessible, I was able to install my CMS in one place where /admin would allow all clients to access it.

I also bundle phpMyAdmin and other tools in with it so that I can extend my services.

I did install the PLESK PowerToys and enjoy the password reveal featurse .. the domain aliasing was rather destructive after the first week =( -- can't wait until it's added into PLESK.

And also I do keep up to date with ART's RPMs -- especially his greylisting RPM (buried deep in his site) -- it's reduced my server's spam by at least 95%.

Just as a suggestion -- anyone willing to secure their Linux PLESK-based server with novice/intermediate Linux experience should definately pay for 'Atomic Secured Linux' through www.atomicrocketturtle.com ... my server was hacked twice in the past 18 months and I've found myself invulnerable now =)

Sorry for my ingorance but..can some one explain to me what ART rpms are ?

I run a free yum rpm archive at www.atomicrocketturtle.com focused on creating server rpms (php, mysql, etc) that are compatible with redhat based distributions (CentOS, Fedora, RHEL). I also have a subscription archive, called ASL (Atomic Secured Linux) which is specifically built to secure hosting platforms.

I have extended and customised Plesk quite a bit, and now have external DNS management, Urchin integration and also (in development) external centralised mail.

All in all, I got Plesk nailed down and know exactly how it works. I can customise it quite a bit.

joel,

it's interesting to hear that you have urchin integration.

I've also got a license for urchin but the only integration I've done so far is to have a link in the navbar.

care to elaborate? (maybe via pm as to not go too much OT)

Originally posted by liquidblaze
joel,

it's interesting to hear that you have urchin integration.

I've also got a license for urchin but the only integration I've done so far is to have a link in the navbar.

care to elaborate? (maybe via pm as to not go too much OT)

I have placed an icon under the domain level screen in Plesk, which actually opens a script ( still within Plesk ) where the client can enable/disable Urchin and can view their Urchin Reports without having to login to Urchin separately. The client needs to configure nothing and it is all automated, so they will see their rchin reports generated once daily, and all they did was click on button.

most interesting approach.

you wouldnt happen to be at liberty to share the script you use so that customers dont have to login twice?

I'm not interested in switching urchin on or off, since im not reselling, but the script would be nice still...

4PSA VIP, ART, SiteBuilder, PowerToys and some other expansions :)

Back