• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain configuration question

That's what I thought.

Adding a new subscription even though there's "www" prefix and then edit the DNS to remove associated "www" record. It should work, I think.

Once again and again. www in Plesk context is _only_ alias for domain and there is absolutely no difference how you get your domain - without www or with www. Previously there were a ton of requests about adding www prefix for all domains by default. We did it absolutely transparently. You can never remember this www prefix and forget about its existence. But if you suddenly need - it's already on your domain.

Hi Igor,
there is sometimes that we need to add domains without www. to form subdomains with DNS areas separeted.
in Plesk 11 i am able to add this kind of domains but i am unable to:

a) edit CNAME prefix and remove WWW
c) When i generate CSR for certificates this CSR puts WWW in front of, impossibly the whay to aplly SSL to this domains.

this is very frustrating
ssl.jpg

[Solved]
When i add the Certificate into Plesk 11, there is a field "Domain" so there i remove the WWW.

Last edited:
Back