• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Domain redirects to Plesk default domain after IP changes

Dukemaster

Regular Pleskian
Hi at all,
I've big problem since yesterday. The domain example.com redirects to default Plesk site/webspace setting.
After testing own name servers and email server I was not satisfied with the results and reconfigured DNS and mail back to providers defaults. Name servers are back to 1and1 and also email to the 1and1 mail system.
The problem occured after changing the second additional IPv4 for the domain example.com to the default server IP 217.160.92.49 in webhosting settings and also switching the second IPv4 from dedicated to share and back to dedicated in Plesk IP settings.
So I made various changes, but not with default IPv4 and IPv6 in PLESK!!!
The changes had all to do with webhosting settings (IPv4) for the one domain and the DNS settings and dedicated<->shared setting + default domain for second IPv4 in PLESK IPs
I don't want to confuse you. I only changed the second IP from dedicated to shared in Plesk. And also changed the IP of the domains A entry. Also the domain nameserver settings I changed several times, but now it's back configured like all the successful months before. DNS test is okay.
I must clearly say all 8 domains work successful with server default IPv4 and IPv6.
Only the example.com domain which is now configured like the whole last year together with dedicated IPv4 is not working. Nameservers check is okay.
I think in the domains webhosting configuration or servers second (dedicated) IPv4 settings perhaps in PSA database something is stucked or misconfigured by my changes.
IPv4 (servers default IP) = 8 domains
IPv6 (servers default IP) = 9 domains
Ipv4 (additional IPv4 dedicated = 1 domain (example.com)

Please could you help me? How to check what's wrong?

Code:
    example.com
    A: 212.227.254.115
    AAAA: 2001:08d8:0966:e900:0000:0000:007a:cc95
    MX: mx00.kundenserver.de
    MX: mx01.kundenserver.de

Code:
All other domains (8)
    A: 217.160.92.49
    AAAA: 2001:08d8:0966:e900:0000:0000:007a:cc95
    MX: mx00.kundenserver.de
    MX: mx01.kundenserver.de

Last edited:
Hi Dukemaster,

pls. check your settings at "HOME > Tools & Settings > IP Addresses" - where you are able to setup the default domain for each IP. ;) If set to "default", then the content from "/var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs" will be used, as you can see in your webserver - configuration files from apache and nginx. :)

Hi @UFHH01 ,
thanks for your assistance. The setting of the IP was standard to site cosirex.com. I changed it to default and applied, then back again to cosirex and applied again. But nothing changed on each step.
I don't know what I have to do now. Also not with the nginx and httpd file.
Edit: I also recreated domainVhost.php, nginxDomainVhost.php and domainVhostIpDefault.php files over configuration troubleshooter. Also with no success.
Greets

Last edited:
Hi Dukemaster,

to investigate possible issues it is mostly not usefull to avoid posting the corresponding configuration files, because this leaves far too much space for speculations and guessings. ;) If you desire help for your issues/errors/problems, pls. include needed configuration files and log - files, so that people willing to help you have something to start with their investigations. :)

I think that the issue could be caused by the IPv4 and IPv6 settings contradicting each other. On the cosirex.com domain you are using a different IPv4 than the other domains, but you are using the same IPv6. Why would you want the request coming by IPv4 direct to another target than the request coming by IPv6? When IPv4 is dedicated, why is IPv6 shared? I think that one possible solution approach is to first create (or re-create) the missing "dedicated" IPv6 address, so that you can set the domain to a dedicated IPv4 AND a dedicated IPv6 address. You can configure these settings in the web hosting user icon of the subscription. If this setting is wrong, then one of the settings might have precedence over the other, leading to unpredictable results. As an alternative (if you do not want to create a dedicated IPv6) you can choose to disable IPv6 on the domain in question, letting that one domain react on IPv4 only.

Back