• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Dovecot & Full Text Search (lucene and/or solr)

Alban Staehli

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOs 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.45 Update #2
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried enabling full text search for plesk-dovecot (2.3.18-2)?

It shall be enabled by default to my view, as per this suggestion:

I've seen 2 how-to's looking interesting, but not sure it'll work with plesk-dovecot...
  1. Lucene: seems simple, only 1 plugin (but seems outdated / not supported anymore): Adding Full Text Search (FTS) to Dovecot on Ubuntu 20.04 – Übermotive
  2. Solr: heavy, with a couple of dependencies: Plesk, Dovecot and fast mailbox search with Solr
Any thoughts or success in enabling this (basic) feature?

Thx

We previously had two Uservoice requests, but each did not hardly get any get votes beyond the person who requested it for a very long while, so these have been declined as there does not seem broader support for that feature among users.

We previously had two Uservoice requests, but each did not hardly get any get votes beyond the person who requested it for a very long while, so these have been declined as there does not seem broader support for that feature among users.
Indeed, maybe not many people would use it, it is quite an expert area. In the case of company e-mail accounts, e-mail accounts of more than 10 GB with more than 10,000 messages are not uncommon. The search engine of webmail interfaces is unusable. From the side of the Plesk development team, it would only be necessary that the --with-solr flag be turned on during compilation. I think this is not a big request, from the point of view of who uses it, it is already his responsibility.

Back