• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dr. Web won't stop sending error messages

SacAutos

Regular Pleskian
I've got a Linux server running CentOS 5.4 with Plesk 9.3 (upgraded from 9.0 and with each release forward). Since the update from 9.2.3 to 9.3 Dr. Web has been on a rampage. We don't have a license for it and don't wish to. I would like it best if it just went away.

I've gone into the cron panel for the system and found the email preference for error messages and changed that to a null email box. I've also edited /var/wmail/alias/.qmail-drweb-daemon file with a null email box. (My definition of a null email box is a box that is real but has no destination so messages just disappear.) And I have edited the drweb32.ini and drweb_handler.conf files to choose no messages. Yet the messages to the system admin email address persist.

The emails usually look like this:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at my.website.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: (qmail 2901 invoked by uid 101); 7 Apr 2010 15:01:10 -0700
Date: 7 Apr 2010 15:01:10 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Cron <drweb@server> /opt/drweb/update.pl
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/var/drweb>
X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/bin:/bin>
X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=drweb>
X-Cron-Env: <USER=drweb>

ERROR: Dr.Web (R) Updater: remote host update.msk3.drweb.com closed connection variant () !
ERROR: Dr.Web (R) Updater: cannot send HUP signal to daemon (pid=4181, error=No such process) !
See Dr.Web (R) Updater log file for details.

How do I get this to stop?

What about just removing all drweb related packages if you won't use drweb?

Good suggestion

I've been searching the forums and the web for days on how to safely remove Dr. Web without success. Is there a knowledgebase entry or thread where I can get that information for CentOS? Thanks!

Remove Dr.Web with something like:

# rpm -e drweb-updater drweb-common drweb-bases drweb-base drweb-daemon psa-drweb-configurator

Back