1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Web won't stop sending error messages

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by SacAutos, Apr 8, 2010.

1. SacAutos

SacAutos Regular Pleskian

40%
    I've got a Linux server running CentOS 5.4 with Plesk 9.3 (upgraded from 9.0 and with each release forward). Since the update from 9.2.3 to 9.3 Dr. Web has been on a rampage. We don't have a license for it and don't wish to. I would like it best if it just went away.

I've gone into the cron panel for the system and found the email preference for error messages and changed that to a null email box. I've also edited /var/wmail/alias/.qmail-drweb-daemon file with a null email box. (My definition of a null email box is a box that is real but has no destination so messages just disappear.) And I have edited the drweb32.ini and drweb_handler.conf files to choose no messages. Yet the messages to the system admin email address persist.

The emails usually look like this:

How do I get this to stop?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    What about just removing all drweb related packages if you won't use drweb?

3. SacAutos

SacAutos Regular Pleskian

40%
    Good suggestion

I've been searching the forums and the web for days on how to safely remove Dr. Web without success. Is there a knowledgebase entry or thread where I can get that information for CentOS? Thanks!

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Remove Dr.Web with something like: