• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved DrWeb Antivirus sends many notifications "Your virus bases are obsolete."

Peter Debik

Community Manager until 3/2024
Plesk Team
Server operating system version
all
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.53, 18.0.54
After an update of the antivirus extension last night, DrWeb is caught in a restart loop on many servers. In your system log you can see messages like

Jul 25 09:50:22 shared3 drwebd: Interface binding error (/var/drweb/run/.daemon - Address already in use)!
Jul 25 09:50:22 shared3 drwebd: Interface binding error (127.0.0.1:3000 - Address already in use)!

Also, emails are sent over and over again: "Your virus bases are obsolete".

If you are affected, you can try one of these two solutions to mitigate the issue:

1) You can try to restart DrWeb by running systemctl restart drwebd.service as root.

2) If that does not help, get all PIDs of drweb processes in your process list, e.g.
ps aux | grep drweb
and "kill -9" all these existing drweb processes, e.g.
kill -9 <pid of drweb process>

A hotfix of the extension will be provided soon, too.

Thanks for the update, I've woken up to so many emails :oops:

Unfortunately neither of the suggestions have worked, is it possible to stop the service or temporarily stop the crons that are running?

Thanks for the update, I've woken up to so many emails :oops:

Unfortunately neither of the suggestions have worked, is it possible to stop the service or temporarily stop the crons that are running?
You can stop the service. Just go to the Services management and stop Plesk Premium Antivirus.
For me it stopped the multiple emails. I don't know if it's the best solution.

After further analysis, developers are suggesting a new workaround approach:
Code:
systemctl stop drwebd
killall -TERM drwebd.real
systemctl start drwebd

I didn't install this extension. Disabling and removing it works as well, but I didn't understand why i find it as installed. On every server.

I also didn't install this extension but I receive the email every minute. I tried to launch the command
systemctl stop drwebd
and I get
Failed to stop drwebd.service: Unit drwebd.service not loaded.
I havent Plesk Premium Antivirus in Services Management
In scheduled task nothing about dr.web or Plesk Premium Antivirus.
How I can stop the sending of these email?

After further analysis, developers are suggesting a new workaround approach:
Code:
systemctl stop drwebd
killall -TERM drwebd.real
systemctl start drwebd
This method appears to have worked. Previously I tried stopping Plesk Premium Antivirus through the panel and then starting it again through the panel, and that didn't work. Thanks Peter

I also didn't install this extension but I receive the email every minute. I tried to launch the command
systemctl stop drwebd
and I get
Failed to stop drwebd.service: Unit drwebd.service not loaded.
I havent Plesk Premium Antivirus in Services Management
In scheduled task nothing about dr.web or Plesk Premium Antivirus.
How I can stop the sending of these email?
If you have another antivirus / IPS you can safely disable and unistall DrWeb extension. I also confirm that I found this plugin as a "surprise", even If I have another antivirus in place.

Hi, i have stopped the service and killed the process but email no stop...
There may still be mails in the queue, but in general: When the service is not running, it cannot initialize any new emails. So if you have stopped it, it is not possible that more emails are created.

If you have another antivirus / IPS you can safely disable and unistall DrWeb extension. I also confirm that I found this plugin as a "surprise", even If I have another antivirus in place.
My problem is that I havent drweb extension installed so I cannot unistall, I havent Plesk Premium antivirus ... so I cannot unistall nothing but I receive these emails every minute

Back