• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved DrWeb Antivirus sends many notifications "Your virus bases are obsolete."

The message file is very huge now - is it save to delete it?
It is no good idea to delete it. It would be better to rotate it. When you simply delete it, the open file handle stays in RAM and new log entries won't be written, because the file that the handle is using is missing. When you rotate it, your current file will be stored (and as best practice compressed) and a new one will be initialized with a new file handle so that logging keeps working.
Do you see a /etc/logrotate.d/syslog file? Then you can probably run logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.d/syslog to rotate the file.

My problem is that I havent drweb extension installed so I cannot unistall, I havent Plesk Premium antivirus ... so I cannot unistall nothing but I receive these emails every minute
All Plesk installations have DrWeb installed by default. When you do not purchase the premium antivirus solution you can still check the antivirus function and it will work for the first n (I think it is 5) domains for free. That is why it comes with Plesk by default. There is nothing wrong with having DrWeb on the server.

All Plesk installations have DrWeb installed by default. When you do not purchase the premium antivirus solution you can still check the antivirus function and it will work for the first n (I think it is 5) domains for free. That is why it comes with Plesk by default. There is nothing wrong with having DrWeb on the server.

But it shouldn't be installed automatically if you have another antivirus / security solution in place and, above all, shouldn't be installed during an upgrade.

Hello

Same issue for me

x:~# systemctl stop drwebd
Failed to stop drwebd.service: Unit drwebd.service not loaded.

How can i stop these emails ?

Hello

Same issue for me

x:~# systemctl stop drwebd
Failed to stop drwebd.service: Unit drwebd.service not loaded.

How can i stop these emails ?
Have you seen the very first post of this thread?

Also you can clear the mail queue of the server afterwards, because previously submitted mails may still wait on delivery in the queue.

Excuse my ignorance - are we to use this solution first or attempt 1.) and 2.) from the first post prior to these new suggestion here?
After further analysis, developers are suggesting a new workaround approach:
Code:
systemctl stop drwebd
killall -TERM drwebd.real
systemctl start drwebd

You can use the later solution directly. It basically does the same as the solution (2) from my first post, but a bit shorter, easier and more reliable. The other solution still works, but may need a second try if cron restarts drwebd while you are still killing processes. This is less likely to happen with the killall -TERM solution.

You can use the later solution directly. It basically does the same as the solution (2) from my first post, but a bit shorter, easier and more reliable. The other solution still works, but may need a second try if cron restarts drwebd while you are still killing processes. This is less likely to happen with the killall -TERM solution.
Thank you very much for your response. Still coming up to speed in this area. I did see that the extension had an update for today 1.0.2-2 which appears to address the issue on 7/24/23 update in the changelog. Hopefully, this will fix the issue. If installing the update is completed - would I need to proceed with the solution after the extension update?

Have you seen the very first post of this thread?

Also you can clear the mail queue of the server afterwards, because previously submitted mails may still wait on delivery in the queue.

yes i had read the whole topic i had no dr.web process running nor email in queue. I reinstalled plesk premium antivirus then i removed it again and that stopped

The issue was fixed in Premium Antivirus for Servers version 1.0.2-2 yesterday. Updating to this version will fix the issue.
If an extension update is not possible for some reason, a workaround is the same as suggested above:
systemctl stop drwebd
killall -TERM drwebd.real
systemctl start drwebd

Back