• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved DrWeb Update Can not open file '/var/drweb/updater/last_try_cache' for writing

Sphin

New Pleskian
Hi,

on the command line

su drweb
/opt/drweb/update.pl

runs fine without any problems. As soon as I try to run it from cron both from the plesk task scheduler or manually from /etc/cron.d/drweb-update (of course with the user drweb each) I get an error:

-----
ERROR: Dr.Web Updater: Failed to delete file: /var/drweb/updater/drweb/data/1 (Permission denied) at /opt/drweb/update.pl line 4399.

Can not open file '/var/drweb/updater/last_try_cache' for writing: (Permission denied) at /opt/drweb/update.pl line 4051.
-----

I checked the permissions already as stated in https://kb.plesk.com/en/125041 and they are ok. Any ideas?

Thanks, Sphin

PLESK 12.5.30
Ubuntu 14.04

Last edited:
Hi Sphin,

pls. post the output of the command:

ls -ld /var/drweb/updater/drweb/data/1 /var/drweb/updater/drweb/data /var/drweb/updater/drweb /var/drweb/updater /var/drweb /var ; ls -lZ /var/drweb/updater/last_try_cache

... and pls. add as well the content of the file "/etc/drweb/drweb32.ini".

Hi,

thanks for your fast reply.

ls -ld /var/drweb/updater/drweb/data/1 /var/drweb/updater/drweb/data /var/drweb/updater/drweb /var/drweb/updater /var/drweb /var ; ls -lZ /var/drweb/updater/last_try_cache

drwxr-xr-x 17 root root 4096 May 18 20:34 /var
drwxr-xr-x 13 drweb drweb 4096 May 8 02:33 /var/drweb
drwxr-xr-x 4 drweb drweb 4096 May 8 08:42 /var/drweb/updater
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 May 28 06:41 /var/drweb/updater/drweb
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 28 06:41 /var/drweb/updater/drweb/data
-rw-r--r-- 1 drweb root 363405 May 28 06:41 /var/drweb/updater/drweb/data/1
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root ? 0 May 28 06:41 /var/drweb/updater/last_try_cache

... and pls. add as well the content of the file "/etc/drweb/drweb32.ini".

I'm not allowed to because the limit of characters of a post here has been exceeded. So I attach the file. I must rename the file from .ini to .txt because .ini is not an allowed extension. I didn't edit anything in this file by myself.

Thanks, Sphin

Attachments

• drweb32.ini.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 3
Hi Sphin,

I don't see any misconfiguration at the moment, so I would suggest two quick&dirty work-around, which might solve your issue:

First, pls. try to run the updater without sudo:

/opt/drweb/update.pl

or/and with the *.ini - file parameter:

/opt/drweb/update.pl --ini=/etc/drweb/drweb32.ini

If this didn't work as expected, you might consider to un- and re-install DrWeb:

Uninstall DrWeb:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component drweb

Re-install DrWeb:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component drweb​

Hi,

thanks, but there is one thing I don't understand (okay, my try with "su drweb" was not really effective if drweb did not have a shell (/bin/false), so I executed the script as root and therefore I had no problems with permissions):

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root ? 0 May 28 06:41 /var/drweb/updater/last_try_cache
These permissions are really right? The error from cron was:
Can not open file '/var/drweb/updater/last_try_cache' for writing: (Permission denied) at /opt/drweb/update.pl line 4051.

How should the user drweb be able to write to this file owned by root:root with 644?

Thanks, Sphin

Okay, after checking all options from above and even trying to play a bit with the permissions of drweb's files I come to the conclusion that actually the only way to get a propper update via cron is to start the job as root. That's not the best solution but also not a tragedy as far as I can see.

Back