• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

E-mail error

B

blemming

We are gettting the following error message if we try to reply to an e-mail from Horde webmail.

"There was an error sending your message: unable to add recipient [****@*****.com]: Invalid response code received from server"

Any ideas on what might be generting this?

Thanks,

blemming

*bump*

I am also experiencing this issue.

Does anyone have an answer for this problem?

Same Thing!

Has anyone figured out what is causing this? or How to fix it?

Thanks!

I know why you have a problem like this and know the solution....

First of all,
I got this error after applying one of plesk patch ( Automatic update ). Mailenable doesnt accept "Allow relay for priviledged IP ranges" . I tried many options, it doesnt work.

Solution;
Check "Allow relay for local sender addresses". It is a big hole for spammers. Your server will be open to RELAY. But solution is this....
I need a solution from plesk...

Here is the real solution...

Solution;
Check "Allow relay for priviledged IP ranges" and add "127.0.0.1" to Deny Relay Rights. Dont add any IP to Grant relay rights.
Uncheck ""Allow relay for local sender addresses".

Originally posted by resellertr
Here is the real solution...

Solution;
Check "Allow relay for priviledged IP ranges" and add "127.0.0.1" to Deny Relay Rights. Dont add any IP to Grant relay rights.
Uncheck ""Allow relay for local sender addresses".

Where are you applying these changes? I cannot locate them in Plesk admin :eek: :confused: :confused:

Found the solution in this post:

happyadmin

RE: Horde problem ( Invalid response? )
Dear Insomnia,

Just add your server ip to the whitelist in the mail setup under the server tab in the admin.

Regards,

Back