• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue E-mail folders problem

asgeir abramsen

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm running Plesk for my e-mail services. Now we're at about 30 employees which are dependent in Plesk. Everything is running fine, but there's one problem. all my folders are under "inbox" which is a problem, because all my/our sent mail and deleted mail isn't synchronized. So it doesn't show under webmail or other clients (outlook/apple mail). Is there a way to change the folder structure? Or is there even a more simple solution?

Please help!

Dear regards,

Asgeir Abramsen

Attachments

• outlook.jpg
    outlook.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 7
Thank you! I'm sure that is the problem. I don't know if I'm using dovecot and I'm unable to find out how I can check that. Could you help me out please?

You can go to...

Plesk > Tools & Settings > Server Components

It will be listed there.
I hope that helps
Kind regards

Lloyd

Allright, I'm using dovecot. So now I edit /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf right? And create a new file in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-namespace.conf

Will this solve the problem on my other domains as well? So all the domains I administer in Plesk?

Yeah that's right, and yes it's a global setting so will cover all domains.
You will need to re-add the accounts to Outlook though, so it's best to do before you have added domains.
Kind regards

Lloyd

Allright. The accounts are configured right now in the Outlook clients of 30 people, so I guess it's too late. Thank you very much! I'll get to it, then.

All Right, that wasn't hard. I've also created the 20-namespace.conf file in conf.d I'm pretty new at this, so is that the name I should use? Thank you again

I'm terribly sorry to bother you again, but when I test this with a new e-mail account, my sent mail doesn't synchronize with my server. It's in "this computer only". Could you help me out once more?

Attachments

• screenshot outlook.jpg
    screenshot outlook.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 5
The old accounts, when I re-add them, still have the same folder-structure, so everything is still under inbox, but those accounts still work

Hi,
did you restart Dovecot after you edited?

# service dovecot restart

When re-adding the accounts in Outlook you need to restart Outlook after removal.
Regards

Lloyd

Allright, after a slight panic because of a imap crash I removed the 20-namespace.conf because it crashed the service when I tried to boot. It has the same contents as the dovecot.conf
I still have the dovecot.conf but it appears the problem is still there. I created a new e-mail address, configured it in outlook, but next to drafts, sent items and deleted items I see "this computer only" like in the screenshot I sent before. So everything is still under inbox and I'm unable to see the e-mails I sent from my computer via webmail, which means they are not on the server, which sucks. ;)

Do I need the 20-namespace.conf file for it to work?

Thank you!

You can just edit the /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf if you want but you run the risk of it being changed during an update, so I add the snippet (20-namespace.conf) to make sure.
In short you can do one or the other, or both.

Did you add the auto-subscribe snippet too?
Because I can't recreate your local only folder problem?
Regards

Lloyd

Back