• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Email address exceeds outgoing mail control limit. But it doesn't have a mailbox enabled.

adrians

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

one of my email addresses exceeds its limits in the outgoing mail control.

But it does not even have a mailbox enabled.

It only forwards the incoming mails to another email address.

Please have a look at the attached screenshots.

I wonder how this is even possible?

Got the email address compromised? I already changed its password.

Is there a way to have a look at the messages(recipient and content) that were outgoing, e.g. via a log file?

Thanks in advance!

plesk-1.png plesk-2.png plesk-3.png plesk-4.png

Mail log is available at '/var/log/maillog'. You'll be able to see senders and recipients, but not the message contents.

Inspect your current mail queue too, Tools & Settings -> Mail Server Settings -> Mail Queue tab.

A mail address that is configured to forward all incoming mail to another address puts all that mail into the outgoing messages queue from where they are mailed to the final recipient. When the number of incoming (forwarded) messages exceeds the mail out limit, further forwarding is blocked.

Mail forwarding is most often a bad idea. When forwarding to an external address, check whether you could use a POP collector service of the receiving service instead. When forwarding to an internal address, check whether you could simply remove the separate address and create an alias for the recipient address instead to avoid the forwarding operation.

Back