• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Email Aliases missing in Backup

xplod

New Pleskian
I want to switch my server provider, and therefore try to migrate from a "real", aged, dedicated server (Plesk 12.5.30) to a virtual one (Plesk 12.5.30, 30 day trial licence).

The mail setup is similar but different: both should use courier + qmail, but the new server should use roundcube instead of horde.

I created a backup and tried to import it to the new server, which resulted in many warnings. But for email addresses, I only found warnings about newly created passwords.
e.g.
Code:
Failed deployment of mail user (xxx)
Warning:
Internal server error: mailmng-core failed: mailmng[13003]: Can't read encryption key from '/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/passwd_db_key': No such file or directory (2) mailmng[13003]: Failed to initialize encryption cipher 'AES-256-CBC:PKCS' with key '/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/passwd_db_key' mailmng[13003]: Failed to initialize password cipher context (for mail address 'xxx) mailmng[13003]: Unable to set password for mailname (xxx)

Info: Restore mailname "xxx"
The password was generated for user 'xxx'. New password is '01234'

All Email accounts have been successfully created, but all email aliases are gone. As are spam assassin settings.

If I delete all email accounts on the new server, create a email backup for one domain on the old server, and import it on the new one, the result is still the same.

What can I do to keep all the email aliases and hand-set spamassin settings?

Last edited:
Back