• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Email going to spam

Hi Pradeep,

Could you post here the message with mail-headers that was sorted into a spam folder?

If webmail (local mail) is sent by Postfix and the myhostname variable is not set in /etc/postfix/main.cf, some recipients won’t accept the mail, because it seems to be coming from <hostname>.localdomain.

Edit /etc/postfix/main.cf and add the line
Code:
myhostname = <hostname>
anywhere in the file, e.g. on the last line. If the variable already exists, modify it.

Last edited:
Have you actually checked and verified the e-mail header that mail is no longer received from "localhost"? Like in your example:

Code:
Received: from webmail.klaspad.uk (localhost.localdomain [IPv6:::1])
   by klaspad.uk (Postfix) with ESMTPA id 3300110824FC
   for <[email protected]>; Mon, 22 Jan 2018 19:14:06 +0530 (IST)

the webmail.klaspad.uk matches localhost.localdomain. As long as there is a localhost name resolution in your sender chain, many recipients will think it is spam.

Checked, its still
localhost.localdomain [IPv6:::1])

I have check hostname -f its showing my domain name

I have commented ::1 and added our domain name. Still going in spam

Please check this screenshot
Untitled.png

Should i replace all localhost.localhost to our domain name?

Your first 127.0.0.1 is redundant, it can be removed. It won't affect the mail issue though.

When you now send an e-mail to the recipient, how does the header look after the host name and name resolution changes? Does it still include a "received from localhost" or similar entry?

Last edited:
Thanks peter for you help. Emails are going fine now except hotmail.com. Tried different email services but Hotmail seems to not accepting emails from anywhere. Any suggestion on this?

Back