• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email Issues - Again. Please Help :(

Hi Lloyd, thanks.

How can I get access to the /etc folder? Is there a way through Plesk to do this?

I dont know why I have issues with the phpmyadmin for importing, but I can assure you I have done this time and time again using other hosting accounts and WHM via c panel and other VPS. Like I mentioned to you before, I am not that familiar with plesk and I am learning all the time. I really like it, but it scares me that I cannot download a backup via the phpmyadmin and backup plugins and import them to work without errors.

This is my errors I get when trying to use dump command via plesk

Unable to export a dump of databasenamexxx:
  • Warning: Using unique option prefix database instead of databases is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use the full name instead.
  • Warning: Using unique option prefix database instead of databases is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use the full name instead.
  • mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SHOW FUNCTION STATUS WHERE Db = 'joshuaflintGoodly12_Goodly'': Cannot load from mysql.proc. The table is probably corrupted (1548)
  • Traceback (most recent call last):
  • File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/dbbackup", line 6, in <module>
  • dbbackup.main()
  • File "/usr/local/psa/lib/modules/python/dbbackup/dbbackup.py", line 98, in main
  • backup(options, password)
  • File "/usr/local/psa/lib/modules/python/dbbackup/dbbackup.py", line 74, in backup
  • raise Exception("program 'mysqldump' finished with non-zero exit code: %d", p2.returncode)
  • Exception: ("program 'mysqldump' finished with non-zero exit code: %d", 2)

I get these same errors with all my databases and all my Plesk hosting accounts ( 3 servers )

yet if I do check and repair for that database, comes back with no errors. I have tried different backup plugins as well and none will import nicely. PHP version 5.4.45 - Plesk all updated 12.5 and as far as I know, the Linux centros is also updated.

@360webfirm

The answer is in your output, in specific the lines "Using unique option prefix database instead of databases is deprecated and will be removed in a future release".

This means that your command is incorrect.

Whenever you are making a database dump, the mysqldump command is being executed and this execution can take place via three methods:

- command line (via SSH)
- the Plesk Panel (in essence, a "wrapper" execution method)
- phpmyadmin (in essence, a "client" execution method)

It is not very likely that your problem occurs as result of a wrong command.

The text "Cannot load from mysql.proc" indicates that you probably have a problem with a not up-to-date MySQL server.

Naturally, you can run the command mysql_upgrade but I would wait with that.

First, try to use the commands provided by @Lloyd_mcse, see this post (just use the appropriate database name).

If that does not help, provide the command that you did use and the log output, since there are work-arounds available.

Regards.......

@360webfirm

The answer is in your output, in specific the lines "Using unique option prefix database instead of databases is deprecated and will be removed in a future release".

This means that your command is incorrect.

Whenever you are making a database dump, the mysqldump command is being executed and this execution can take place via three methods:

- command line (via SSH)
- the Plesk Panel (in essence, a "wrapper" execution method)
- phpmyadmin (in essence, a "client" execution method)

It is not very likely that your problem occurs as result of a wrong command.

The text "Cannot load from mysql.proc" indicates that you probably have a problem with a not up-to-date MySQL server.

Naturally, you can run the command mysql_upgrade but I would wait with that.

First, try to use the commands provided by @Lloyd_mcse, see this post (just use the appropriate database name).

If that does not help, provide the command that you did use and the log output, since there are work-arounds available.

Regards.......

Hi Trialotto,
I have the same problem in plesk when I try to export a database:
Plesk -> Domains -> yourdomain.tld -> Databases -> Export Dump

• mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SHOW FUNCTION STATUS WHERE Db = 'joshuaflintGoodly12_Goodly'': Cannot load from mysql.proc. The table is probably corrupted (1548)
  • Traceback (most recent call last):
  • File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/dbbackup", line 6, in <module>
  • dbbackup.main()
  • File "/usr/local/psa/lib/modules/python/dbbackup/dbbackup.py", line 98, in main
  • backup(options, password)
  • File "/usr/local/psa/lib/modules/python/dbbackup/dbbackup.py", line 74, in backup
  • raise Exception("program 'mysqldump' finished with non-zero exit code: %d", p2.returncode)
  • Exception: ("program 'mysqldump' finished with non-zero exit code: %d", 2)
in my opinion there is some problem updating plesk or servers, because before going

Do you have any idea to solve the problem?
Thanks

@bonny3

In general, the error notification

Warning: Using unique option prefix database instead of databases is deprecated and will be removed in a future release

can have multiple root causes of the problem:

- MySQL Server is not up-to-date,
- /etc/mysql/my.cnf contains wrong variables (consider the usage of "pass=", which should be actually "password=")
- other configuration files, amongst others /root/.my.cnf, are overriding /etc/mysql/my.cnf settings
- other configuration files, that actually override /etc/mysql/my.cnf, contain errors (see wrong variables)
- and some other factors of minor relevance

In short, you should first make sure that

a) your /etc/mysql/my.cnf file is the only config file: no other config files should be overriding it,

b) before mentioned my.cnf file contains

[mysqldump]
quick
quote-names
max_allowed_packet = <value>

c) the MySQL server version is one of the most recent: run the command mysql -V

Note that if you find out at step c) that your MySQL server version is 5.5.47, then there

- is no need to update your MySQL server (read: the mysql_upgrade does not have to be used),
- is probably some configuration issue causing your error notifications.

Can you perform some of the checks?

Regards.....

Back