1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

EMail not working

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by baroncustom, Dec 13, 2006.

1. baroncustom

baroncustom Guest

We are running a fairly new installation of Plesk 8.01 on Debian. I just realized that PHP Mail() is not working... I'm not getting any errors but no emails ever arrive. I am also using SENDMAIL where it seems some emails get sent while others not. I checked the log file and it has a mix of messages such as:
    and also:
    I'm not sure what the error is, I have looked over the DNS and all config files and all seems to be in order. But I am fairly new to Debian and Plesk so any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks, Nathan -

2. SpidermonBob

SpidermonBob Guest

had similar problem

Email was not working but some would occasionally sneak out after trying to restart service from control panel. However here was the fix. Server working fine ever since...

my problem was similar in that email did not work after 8.1 upgrade due to conflict.

According to SWsoft Technical Support Engineer.........

Debian allows the installation of both 'inetutils-inetd' AND 'xinetd' packages (unfortunately, it uses both of them simultaneously and makes Plesk act wrong).

And thus... Plesk tries to do '/etc/init.d/inetd restart' to manage inetd. But this makes no sense for inetutils-inetd.

Deinstall 'inetutils-inetd' package and install 'netkit-inetd' package (since 'netkit-inetd' is a 'functionality').

hope this can hepl