• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

EMail not working

B

baroncustom

We are running a fairly new installation of Plesk 8.01 on Debian. I just realized that PHP Mail() is not working... I'm not getting any errors but no emails ever arrive. I am also using SENDMAIL where it seems some emails get sent while others not. I checked the log file and it has a mix of messages such as:
delivery 31: failure: [IP]_does_not_like_recipient
and also:
failure: Sorry,_I_couldnt_find_any_host_named_[SERVERNAME].

I'm not sure what the error is, I have looked over the DNS and all config files and all seems to be in order. But I am fairly new to Debian and Plesk so any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks, Nathan -

had similar problem

Email was not working but some would occasionally sneak out after trying to restart service from control panel. However here was the fix. Server working fine ever since...

my problem was similar in that email did not work after 8.1 upgrade due to conflict.

According to SWsoft Technical Support Engineer.........

Debian allows the installation of both 'inetutils-inetd' AND 'xinetd' packages (unfortunately, it uses both of them simultaneously and makes Plesk act wrong).

And thus... Plesk tries to do '/etc/init.d/inetd restart' to manage inetd. But this makes no sense for inetutils-inetd.

Deinstall 'inetutils-inetd' package and install 'netkit-inetd' package (since 'netkit-inetd' is a 'functionality').

hope this can hepl

Back