1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Email notification templates

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by GMSoftware, Sep 3, 2004.

1. GMSoftware

GMSoftware Guest

Do we have the possibility to send the email notifications (on client creation, domain creation, etc.) in HTML format? The current template seem to be limited to plain-text emails: I tried to use HTML tags in the template, but they remained as plain text when the email notification was sent.

In addition, is there any possibility to add more tags for the templates? When I create a client account, I would like to remind them about the limits included in their accounts, in terms of hosting space, number of domains/subdomains, email accounts, databases, etc.

Gilles

2. AndiC_UK

AndiC_UK Guest

mailenable sends a mail to each new user, i did find where to turn this off and/or edit it ... but i have forgotten .. i need to find it again myself ... i will have another look over the weekend.

anyway...you could add html to these emails

Andi

3. GMSoftware

GMSoftware Guest

Andi,

My question was not about how to turn on or off the email notifications. I know how to do that.

As I explained in my question: I did try to include HTML tag, but the tags are sent as plain text. Plesk seems to be limited to send plain-text email messages only. I would like to send the notifications as HTML emails, not as plain-text emails.

Gilles

4. AndiC_UK

AndiC_UK Guest

sorry

I cant see anything in the control panel

I will have a look in the config files and database to see if there is a option.

I have a feeling i know what may be stopping the html if so a hack ie change a line of code may be inorder.

AndiC_UK

5. GMSoftware

GMSoftware Guest

Yes, a simple PHP code change might be enough. That is, if you know PHP, which is not my case. If anybody has a solution for this, that would be great!
    Gilles

6. AndiC_UK

AndiC_UK Guest

i found the notification script

however, all the php code/scripts are encoded :mad:

prob zend or other optimiser

sorry

i will try to look for a option in the config files .. but dont hold your breath

AndiC

7. GMSoftware

GMSoftware Guest

All right. Thanks a lot Andi!

8. Traged1

Traged1 Guest

Did you find it? Did you try changing the mail command in the PLESK copy of php.ini I think it is found in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/

9. GMSoftware

GMSoftware Guest

I somehow doubt it: this is the Windows platform, not the Linux one...

Gilles

10. Traged1

Traged1 Guest

Oh sorry I didn't see the forum topic for this thread it was pulled up from a search.

11. GMSoftware

GMSoftware Guest

No problem! ;-)
    Gilles