1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

email problem is plesk

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by iWeed, Nov 21, 2007.

1. iWeed

iWeed Guest

hello again

im using plesk 8.2 for windows (trial version). already add an account and domain. now i try email software using Horde. i can send email (which will go to bulk box). but i cannot receive email.

and can someone tell me is there any manual/documentation for smtp server and for outlook setting configuration. thank you

2. Bender

Bender Guest

Hi,

You need to check if MX dns record for your domain resolves to the server were Plesk is installed. You can check it with the following command:

nslookup -q=MX domain.tld

3. avsokolov

avsokolov Guest

> and can someone tell me is there any manual/documentation for smtp server and for outlook setting configuration. thank you

1. If you use Plesk then it's not recommended to configure the mail server itself. Better use Plesk CP to configure it. Plesk configures the most important mail server settings. Here you can get more info about it:

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.2/Windows/Docs/plesk-8.2-win-administrators-guide/24833.htm

2. To configure outlook, please read the following:

http://products.secureserver.net/email/email_outlook.htm

4. iWeed

iWeed Guest

tenque for all the replies.

i already reconfigure the email settings using plesk, but still the same problem, which is can send email and cannot receive email.

one quick Q. can replace pop3.domain.com/smtp.domain.com with mail.domain.com for both pop3 and smtp?

5. iWeed

iWeed Guest

how to know what is my pop3 and smtp server?

6. OlegB

OlegB Guest

To know smtp server

nslookup -type=MX domain.com

for example:

nslookup -type=MX swsoft.com

Non-authoritative answer:
    swsoft.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = relay.swsoft.net
    swsoft.com MX preference = 50, mail exchanger = relay1.swsoft.com
    swsoft.com MX preference = 90, mail exchanger = relay90.swsoft.com

swsoft.com nameserver = ns1.swsoft.com
    swsoft.com nameserver = ns2.swsoft.com