• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

email problem is plesk

I

iWeed

hello again

im using plesk 8.2 for windows (trial version). already add an account and domain. now i try email software using Horde. i can send email (which will go to bulk box). but i cannot receive email.

and can someone tell me is there any manual/documentation for smtp server and for outlook setting configuration. thank you

Hi,

You need to check if MX dns record for your domain resolves to the server were Plesk is installed. You can check it with the following command:

nslookup -q=MX domain.tld

> and can someone tell me is there any manual/documentation for smtp server and for outlook setting configuration. thank you

1. If you use Plesk then it's not recommended to configure the mail server itself. Better use Plesk CP to configure it. Plesk configures the most important mail server settings. Here you can get more info about it:

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.2/Windows/Docs/plesk-8.2-win-administrators-guide/24833.htm

2. To configure outlook, please read the following:

http://products.secureserver.net/email/email_outlook.htm

tenque for all the replies.

i already reconfigure the email settings using plesk, but still the same problem, which is can send email and cannot receive email.

one quick Q. can replace pop3.domain.com/smtp.domain.com with mail.domain.com for both pop3 and smtp?

To know smtp server

nslookup -type=MX domain.com

for example:

nslookup -type=MX swsoft.com

Non-authoritative answer:
swsoft.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = relay.swsoft.net
swsoft.com MX preference = 50, mail exchanger = relay1.swsoft.com
swsoft.com MX preference = 90, mail exchanger = relay90.swsoft.com

swsoft.com nameserver = ns1.swsoft.com
swsoft.com nameserver = ns2.swsoft.com
swsoft.com nameserver = ns3.swsoft.com
relay.swsoft.net internet address = 64.131.90.45