• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email problems

Christiaan

New Pleskian
Hey all,

I have problems using my email with plesk. When I send emails to a "outlook.com" email it doesn't delivered. Email tests told me to add a SPF record. This is what I did but still it didnt work. I use webmail (roundcube) and also outlook 2013. Configuring outlook 2013 went all good and it all worked. I am able to receive emails but sending is the big problem. Can anyone help me with this problem?

I have problems using my email with plesk. When I send emails to a "outlook.com" email it doesn't delivered.

Is this only to outlook.com as you stated? Are you able to deliver to others like Yahoo, Gmail? If so, then may be it gets delivered but thrown in SPAM folder ...or your server blacklisted by major RBLs?

Is this only to outlook.com as you stated? Are you able to deliver to others like Yahoo, Gmail? If so, then may be it gets delivered but thrown in SPAM folder ...or your server blacklisted by major RBLs?
Hi Christiaan,

with respect to your explanations, we only can guess what might be wrong or misconfigured. Please consider to provide log - files, which point to the issue and consider as well to include your domain - name, so that investigations can be done.

First of all sorry for my weak explanation of my problem. I will clarify it in this reply.
My domain name is xgiox.nl. And my server address is 85.214.255.103.
Sending emails to outlook/hotmail addresses will give me the following reply:

<RECEIVER EMAL>: host mx1.hotmail.com[65.55.33.135] said: 550
SC-001 (COL004-MC6F8) Unfortunately, messages from 85.214.255.103 weren't
sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their
network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to
http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. (in reply to MAIL
FROM command)

When I send an email to an Gmail address it does reach the destination and ends up in the spam folder of the Gmail account.

I did a test with www.mail-tester.com and it gave me the following problems:

Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email validation system designed to prevent email spam by detecting email spoofing, a common vulnerability, by verifying sender IP addresses.
You do not have a SPF record, please add the following one to your domain xgiox.nl:
v=spf1 a mx ip4:85.214.255.103 ~all

And

DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is a method for associating a domain name to an email message, thereby allowing a person, role, or organization to claim some responsibility for the message.

I added a TXT DNS record, see the screenshot uploaded (generated with a microsoft tool after I tried the one the test website recommend)

dns.PNG
This is pretty much what I did and it really bothers me that I cant get this working. I hope some of you can help me resolve this problem.
Receiving with this mail account is all perfect and when I set it up with outlook using xgiox.nl as inbound and outbound mail server it says there are no problems found and it gives me two green check marks.
Thank you for reading this and taking the time to reply in advance!

Hi Christiaan.

your Plesk server is not the initial nameserver for your domain - it's the nameserver from your domain provider. Please add the nameserver entries at the control panel from your domain provider as well!

Oh wow and do you have any idea how to fix this ?
I mean I did not send any emails to hotmail with this IP.
The reasons are explained here:
https://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors

Yours is:
Code:
550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Outlook.com for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your Email/Internet Service Provider for help.

On the same page, there recommendations on what you should do, plus Google :)

Back