• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

email & subdomain problems

K

ktrainyo

I have a couple of questions. The first is about webmail. I believe I have configured everything correctly. I am able to receive emails through outlook 2003 as well as send them using secure port 456. However when I navigate to webmail.jenkevproductions.com I am get a server not found error. I am very new to this whole setup and would like to know what you need to know to help me help myself.

Secondly,
I am having a problem with subdomains. I have created some subdomains but they also receive the server not found message.

Please help.

Check your DNS in your domain and look for these entries.

subdomain.jenkevproductions.com. A XXX.X.XXX.XXX
webmail.jenkevproductions.com. A XXX.X.XXX.XXX

jenkevproductions.com. NS ns.jenkevproductions.com.
ns.jenkevproductions.com. A 72.22.64.58
jenkevproductions.com. A 72.22.64.58
webmail.jenkevproductions.com. A 72.22.64.58
mail.jenkevproductions.com. A 72.22.64.58
video.jenkevproductions.com. A 72.22.64.58
life.jenkevproductions.com. A 72.22.64.58
clips.jenkevproductions.com. A 72.22.64.58
pics.jenkevproductions.com. A 72.22.64.58

This is the DNS page under my domain. plus two or three more under this of different types

I am by no means a Plesk Guru but something I noticed (and please somebody let me know if I am wrong) is that if I do a WHOIS on your domain your parent servers are the following:
Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.STARTLOGIC.COM 216.207.124.77
NS2.STARTLOGIC.COM 66.235.217.210

I had to point my domain to my box so what you might need to do is with your domain JENKEVPRODUCTIONS.COM is point it to ns.JENKEVPRODUCTIONS.COM and ns1.JENKEVPRODUCTIONS.COM or however you have this setup.

I don't think this has anything to do with Plesk.

Back