• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Emergency - Please Help!

C

creativevision2

I called into aplus.net for support, and 4 minutes into the call, the server got screwed up from something they did.

I have a dedicated server with aplus.net and they will not help me get my server back online. They initially told me they will fix this problem and call me back. 3 hours later, they never fixed the problem and never called me back. The Level 2 tech went home for the day and is not available. When i called them, they then told me that they must reinatall the Plesk OS and start over, then move all the data over to the new hard drive. I am not qualified to do this, and they refuse to help me do this without manager's approval. They said that i must call back tomorrow and get Manager's approval.

I have 200+ clients and 1000+ email down right now for the last 4 hours. So it is clear that aplus.net's policy in emergency situations does not work at all.

Here is the error i have on the server:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:169
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:88

The websites are all active and working, i can send emails, but clients cannot send emails.

At least I found that Mysql is up and running. so problem is with connection to mysql. when I run mysql client directly specifying host and username etc it works fine.

For one of my websites I have, i replaced
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');
with
define('DB_HOST', '127.0.0.1');
and it started to worked.

This is the error we get:
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

mysql is up and running but somehow does not have /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock socket in there.

Aplus.net Tech support is telling me they must reinstall the Plesk OS and move the data over to the new hard drive from the old hard drive, but they refuse to help me do this. I am not qualified to do this. Is this true and all that needs to be done?

What could have caused this problem?

Please help! You can call me at 562-366-2928.

Robert Hendrix

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS.

I GUESS NO ONE HERE KNOWS ANYTHING AT ALL.

REGARDING THIS ISSUE, I FOUND A NEW IT PERSON THAT LOGGED INTO THE ROOT LOGIN OF THE SERVER AND FIXED THIS PROBLEM WITHIN 10 SECONDS.

ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS RESTART THE MYSQL SERVICE AND THAT WAS IT, THE SERVER WAS BACK UP AND RUNNING FINE WITHIN SECONDS.

I have seen this happen before when your Primary drive partition fills up. The good news is that all you have to do is clean up some space and your MySQL should start running again.

Eric

Back