• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Enable SSL with a self-signed certificate

palouxic

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm new with Plesk and I want to enable SSL in one of my domains. I've checked old topics about how to do this, but I can't get it done.

I want to use a self-signed certificate. I'm gonna use the SSL to receive and send data from/to an Android device, not to access it using a web browser.

I created my own certificate in SSL certificates (I used the self-signed option instead of Request). I didn't add anything else after that, I didn't add Certificate or anything else.

Once it's been created, I enable SSL on the domain I want. I just enabled the checkbox, there's no combobox to select a certain certificate, but I changed the default certificate on SSL certificates. I thought that was enough, but it wasn't working so I went to IP Addresses, I clicked in my dedicated IP (shared) and selected my new certificate in there, but it's still not working.

Am I missing any step? Does the server needs to be restarted?

Thanks!

EDIT:

I've just seen that Apache Tomcat might not be installed, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. If I go to Server->Service Management I can find Apache Tomcat 5.4.4 in the Java tab (it's the only Apache entrance), but it says it's not active since it hasn't been installed or it's not correctly configurated. If I go to Applications->Installed applications Apache Tomcat is not there.

Last edited:
You will need to add the certificate in tools and setting >> ssl manager >> add ssl to required IP. Once done add that ip to required domain and then you will get ssl selection option

Back