• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error 152 on Migration Manager

Michael_Zorn

New Pleskian
Hi,

while using Migration Manager to transfer all domaindata from one server to another, I get an 152 error on every domain and the manager stops with the following error message. I tried to transfer mail, domain and db data seperatly but it always ends with the following error.

Code:
Cause: Failed to import backup XML: errcode must be '0' (no errors) or '116' (backup sign error).
Output of pmmcli utility:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
    <errcode>152</errcode>
    <errmsg>Unable to import file as dump: The file you are trying to upload is not a valid backup file</errmsg>
</response>

Systems are Ubuntu 12.04 (src) and Ubuntu 14.04 (dest). Both servers ar running on Plesk 12.5.30. On src runs Web Host Edition while on dest runs Webadmin Editon.

I have no clue where to look for the source of this error.

Any ideas?

Hi Michael_Zorn,

please see: http://talk.plesk.com/threads/migration-transfer-manager-missing.335372/

Ok all went good, this works but failed to import backups.
Note on both servers I have Plesk's encryption key selected and not password.

Any hint?

[ERROR] Failed to import backup dumps to target panel's repository
Cause: Failed to import backup XML: errcode must be '0' (no errors) or '116' (backup sign error).
Output of pmmcli utility:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
<errcode>152</errcode>
<errmsg>Unable to import file as dump: The file you are trying to upload is not a valid backup file</errmsg>
</response>
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

Aleksey I found on the target server a backup file where there is a log saying:

Unable to restore data. The following files were corrupted:
backup_modsecurity_1510281513.tgz

Well done, let's see what actually happens. When Plesk Migrator start the migration, it make dump of source server domains (clients, resellers, etc), and store this dump in migration session directory (/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/migration-session/ by default). Format of this dump is the same as format of Plesk backup. Raw dump file named "plesk.backup.pfu.raw.tar" (suffix "raw" - is the name of config.ini section, where source server settings was specified). Then Plesk Migrator perfrom conversion of this raw dump according set of business rules and save result as "plesk.backup.pfu.converted.tar". After that Plesk Migrator tries to import converted dump as a valid XML backup into target Plesk.

According provided log entries, Plesk 12.5 is unable to process converted dump, so there are two possible root causes: dump agent (Plesk Migrator use the same agents, as Migration & Transfer Manager) make invalid raw dump, or Plesk Migrator perform conversion incorrectly, and converted dump become invalid. I suggest you try to import "plesk.backup.pfu.raw.tar" and "plesk.backup.pfu.converted.tar" into target Plesk 12.5 manually via GUI (Tools & Settings / Backup Manager, click Upload button at tool bar). Do not forget to check "Upload backup files without a valid signature". As I expect, upload will fail, and when you will open just created item (item should be appended into list of imported backups at Backup Manager title page), you will see a clean error of XML validation. According this error we can detect an issue and provide possible solution or hot fix.

Could you please clarify your configuration and scenario:
  • Have you got source with one local MySQL and target with one local MySQL and one remote MySQL?
  • Or you try to assimilate databases on remote MySQL?
  • Is remote MySQL was set as default MySQL server via target Plesk server wide settings?
  • Or it was set as default for plan, to which migrated domain is assigned?
  • When you have tried to create databases, how you was logged in: as admin, impersonated as customer, or as customer itself?
  • Which limit on number of databases was set for subscription as a result of migration? May be limit was reached/exeeded?

I was able to track down the source of the error: ModSecurity.

After I uninstalled this mod the migration process finished without error.

Back