• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error 1722 on installation

E

EuroMaverick

Hello people,

Just downloaded Windows SiteBuilder 1.2 for Windows. Trying to install it to our Windows 2003 server that has already Plesk installed. The SQL server that apparantly is needed by SiteBuilder, is on another server.

I start the .msi installer file. Getting the "Welcome to the SiteBuilder Installation Wizard" message, immediately followed by another window saying: "Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.".

Basically this means I got a bad download ? Tried it again with the same results...

Any suggestions ?

Many thanks in advance !

Regards,

Benoit.

Update: seems to be an issue with the installer file on the server, indeed. Just tried on another server and there everything runs smoothly...

Pretty strange, since the server I'm trying to install on, has hardly anything besides W2003 installed. It does not need SQL on the same server, does it ?

Regards,

Benoit.

euh... maybe I should mention I am a potential customer to get anybody from SWsoft (or whoever) to get back on this...?

Hi EuroMaverick

Have you solved the problem?

Thanks
René

Hello René,

Nope, I did not and basically this means I am looking for an alternative product right now. You can understand that, as an existing Plesk customer, I am not very happy with this.

Support remains a serious issue with SWSoft and I am surprised about that. They have pretty good products and it seems to me a lot of people work on the development of them, but support clearly is understaffed or in general considered not important enough.

I've posted this question directly to the support desk of SWSoft as well and never got an answer. Even if their officially statement would be "pay for every bit of support or you won't get anything", they should actively reply that to every support question that is asked. Having an image of a money-hungry support machine is better than an image of giving no support at all...

Well, if anybody else has any comments on this issue, I'm of course still always interested in hearing about it...

Regards,

Mav.

I have the same problem. Does anyone knows how to solve this?

Hello sergiorodrigues,

Please let us know if you ever got this solved. I never did, never got a reply from SWSoft and switched to an alternative solution, but I am nevertheless very curious to find out what this is all about...

Regards,

Mav.

I've contact swsoftware, they will be looking into server next days, trying to solve the problem. If they do, I'll post here...

...and looks like they did, like they always do... NOT ?!

Unbelievable...

Back