1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Error 1722

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by mike0c, Nov 21, 2005.

1. mike0c

mike0c Guest

I've got a new server running Windows 2003 service pack 1, I've downloaded Plesk 7.5.5. for windows.

I get the following error message towards the end of the installation.

"Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I've tried:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829359
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_1722.xml

But I still get the same error.

Any advice much appreciated.

A bit of a show stopper.

2. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

The reason of it is ftp. This protocol may do errors. You should redownload installer.

3. mike0c

mike0c Guest

I've redownloaded the network installer and I get the same error.

I also tried installing using the web installer and again I get the same error.

Anything else I can try?

4. mike0c

mike0c Guest

I enabled logging for the installation and I got the following:

Action 15:29:09: unpackDlls_woUI.
    Action start 15:29:09: unpackDlls_woUI.
    DEBUG: Error 2888: Executing the Binary view failed
    Internal Error 2888. Binary
    Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action unpackDlls_woUI, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI7F.tmp, command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\
    MSI (s) (B0:60) [15:29:13:390]: Product: SiteBuilder -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action unpackDlls_woUI, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI7F.tmp, command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\

5. mike0c

mike0c Guest

Got it working, received the following from Plesk support:

You should remove read-only attributes from files:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp71.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr71.dll

6. sergiorodrigues

sergiorodrigues Guest

It also worked for me thanks.