• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error 1722

M

mike0c

I've got a new server running Windows 2003 service pack 1, I've downloaded Plesk 7.5.5. for windows.

I get the following error message towards the end of the installation.

"Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I've tried:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829359
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_1722.xml

But I still get the same error.

Any advice much appreciated.

A bit of a show stopper.

The reason of it is ftp. This protocol may do errors. You should redownload installer.

I've redownloaded the network installer and I get the same error.

I also tried installing using the web installer and again I get the same error.

Anything else I can try?

I enabled logging for the installation and I got the following:

Action 15:29:09: unpackDlls_woUI.
Action start 15:29:09: unpackDlls_woUI.
DEBUG: Error 2888: Executing the Binary view failed
Internal Error 2888. Binary
Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action unpackDlls_woUI, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI7F.tmp, command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\
MSI (s) (B0:60) [15:29:13:390]: Product: SiteBuilder -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action unpackDlls_woUI, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI7F.tmp, command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\

Got it working, received the following from Plesk support:

You should remove read-only attributes from files:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp71.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr71.dll

Back