1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Error 1722

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by mike0c, Nov 21, 2005.

1. mike0c

mike0c Guest

I've got a new server running Windows 2003 service pack 1, I've downloaded Plesk 7.5.5. for windows.

I get the following error message towards the end of the installation.

"Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I've tried:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829359
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_1722.xml

But I still get the same error.

Any advice much appreciated.

A bit of a show stopper.

2. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

The reason of it is ftp. This protocol may do errors. You should redownload installer.

3. mike0c

mike0c Guest

I've redownloaded the network installer and I get the same error.

I also tried installing using the web installer and again I get the same error.

Anything else I can try?

4. mike0c

mike0c Guest

I enabled logging for the installation and I got the following:

Action 15:29:09: unpackDlls_woUI.
    Action start 15:29:09: unpackDlls_woUI.
    DEBUG: Error 2888: Executing the Binary view failed
    Internal Error 2888. Binary
    Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action unpackDlls_woUI, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI7F.tmp, command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\
    MSI (s) (B0:60) [15:29:13:390]: Product: SiteBuilder -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action unpackDlls_woUI, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI7F.tmp, command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\

5. mike0c

mike0c Guest

Got it working, received the following from Plesk support:

You should remove read-only attributes from files:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp71.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr71.dll

6. sergiorodrigues

sergiorodrigues Guest

It also worked for me thanks.