• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Error 500, can not access Plesk dashboard and also the WordPress admin dashboard

Yvonne 233

New Pleskian
Hi I have not been able to access my WordPress admin dashboard and when I try login to my Plesk dashboard via vultr Iam getting a ERROR 500

Hi @Yvonne233, regarding the Wordpress login, could you please provide a bit more information on that. What do you do and what exactly do you see after you do it? E.g. do you try to open the wp-login.php page and that fails? Or can you see the login page and enter your credentials, but the login fails? What error message do you see when it fails?

Regarding the error 500 on accessing the Plesk panel, we'd also need a bit more information. Normally Plesk shows a screen with some error details on such an error. Could you please post the screen content (or the details shown)?

Hi regarding the Wordpress login, when I put the credentials it just shakes as if the password is wrong but no notification is given or action is taken it just refuses to log in. For Plesk panel, here is the screen shot

[A second image that showed a wp-login.php screen with an email address has been removed.]

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 9.26.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 9.26.53 PM.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
@Yvonne 233 a word of warning for some caution when it comes posting/sharing your email address publicly. For your own security and privacy it is always best to keep your email address as private as possible. Even in images. Malicious users might (try) to abuse your email address.

Regarding the "error 500" issue when you open the :8443 login URL, please login to your Linux console and check whether all required services like sw-engine, sw-cp-server and your database server are up. Restart them if needed. If you get error messages on restarting them, please check their content and /var/log/messages as well as /var/log/plesk/panel.log for details on these errors. If you are unsure about these steps or what to do next, you can also contact Plesk support on the issue or the support team of your provider.

Back