• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved ERROR: Failed to install or upgrade the extension 'Skins and Color Schemes' (package: heavy-metal-sk

daanse

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

since Weeks i always get this Error with several Onyx Servers and Auto Upgrade.
Debian 8.7....

I have some output from Logs and Error Message here:
And on this Server i use Bright Future as always.

Code:
Ign http://updates.atomicorp.com jessie/main Translation-de_DE
Fetched 18.5 kB in 21s (843 B/s)
Reading package lists...
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/PMM_0.1.10/ jessie/all amd64 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/autoinstall.plesk.com_debian_PMM%5f0.1.10_dists_jessie_all_binary-amd64_Packages)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
Retrieving information about the installed license key...
Launching component and product checkers...
Downloading file PSA_17.0.17/examiners/disk_space_check.sh: 0%
Downloading file PSA_17.0.17/examiners/disk_space_check.sh: 100% was finished.
Checking whether the package dependencies are resolved.
Installing packages

ERROR: Failed to install or upgrade the extension 'Skins and Color Schemes' (package: heavy-metal-skin):
Error occured while sending feedback. HTTP code returned: 500
Unable to open source file. Not zip file.

Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please resolve this issue and try to install the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

Hi daanse,

did you consider to de- and re-install the Plesk extension "Skins and Color Schemes" at => HOME > Extension ?

Or did you consider to use the command line to perform the very same commands?
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component heavy-metal-skin
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component heavy-metal-skin

No it didnt helped.
This morning same Message again. Same Server.
Can't i just delete this havy metal Skin? And leave it deleted, im not using it.

Hi daanse,

this component is an "additional" component. YOU choose for yourself if you would like to install it, or not. :)

@UFHH01 ah ok!
I miss understood. I thought i would only remove that Style.
But your Command removes the whole extension.
Currently its not installed anymore.

Am i right: I can use that Extension to choose my Layout (or customize it) than run your command, it deletes everything except of my style which i choosed?
Currently it seems like it.

Hi daanse,

... it deletes everything except of my style which i choosed?
Actually, I don't know... I never tried that, because I never experienced any issues as described. But I would say, that when you delete the extension, then Plesk should reset your choosen style to the default values. If it is the case that it even leaves you with the additional choosen style, than this is "nice", but not a standart procedure. :D

Back