• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error in upgrade to 8.4 > 8.6

D

Danny2089

I have upgrade my Plesk 8.4 to Plesk 8.6 and i have this error in control panel:

<b>Source:</b> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server<br/><b>Description:</b> Invalid column name 'serial'.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: plib\common_func.php3:236
com->execute(string 'select [id], [name], [displayName], , [status], [type], [ttl], [ttl_unit], [refresh], [refresh_unit], [retry], [retry_unit], [expire], [expire_unit], [minimum], [minimum_unit], [serial], [serial_format] from [dns_zone] where [id]=2', NULL null)
1: plib\common_func.php3:236
db_query(string 'select [id], [name], [displayName], [email], [status], [type], [ttl], [ttl_unit], [refresh], [refresh_unit], [retry], [retry_unit], [expire], [expire_unit], [minimum], [minimum_unit], [serial], [serial_format] from [dns_zone] where [id]=2')
2: plib\class.Table.php:189
Table->select()
3: plib\dns\DNSZone.php:49
DNSZone->DNSZone(string '2')
4: plib\common_func.php3:2929
objectMaker(string 'DNSZone', string '2')
5: plib\dns\DNSManager.php:34
DNSManager::getDNSZone(string '2')
6: plib\class.Domain.php:787
Domain->getDNSZone()
7: plib\ui\client.domain.dns.php:78
plesk__client__domain__dns->getDNSZone()
8: plib\ui_common\DNSUIPointer.php:84
DNSUIPointer->getFlavor()
9: plib\UIPointer.php:370
UIPointer->getMetaProperty(string 'adhoc-creation', boolean false)
10: plib\UIPointer.php:404
UIPointer->allowsAdHocCreation()
11: plib\UIPointer.php:957
UIPointer->validate(object of type UserAdmin)
12: plib\dashboard\Dashboard.php:51
Dashboard::fetchUIPointerValidation(string '/plesk/client@1/domain@1/dns/')
13: plib\dashboard\Dashboard.php:89
Dashboard::getUIPointerValidate(string '/plesk/client@1/domain@1/dns/', NULL null)
14: plib\dashboard\Dashboard.php:167
Dashboard::checkElement(object of type DashboardElement_shortcut, NULL null, boolean true)
15: plib\dashboard\DashboardElement.php:305
DashboardElement->getChild(NULL null, boolean false)
16: plib\dashboard\DashboardPreset.php:127
DashboardPreset->appendPreset(object of type DashboardPreset)
17: plib\dashboard\DashboardLocation.php:37
DashboardLocation->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
18: plib\UIPointer.php:529
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
19: htdocs\plesk.php:13

AND

Notice: Undefined variable: uip in C:\Programmi\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dashboard\Dashboard.php on line 51

Fatal error: Call to a member function validate() on a non-object in C:\Programmi\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dashboard\Dashboard.php on line 51

Hello Danny2089,

Thank you for the report.

1. Please download the tool Plesk86DatabaseUpgrade.exe and copy it to %plesk_bin%.
2. Next run it and you should see the following

Updating table 'dns_zone': OK
Updating serial_format field in 'dns_zone' table : OK Creating 'SiteAppsHitsStat' table : OK

3. Otherwise please share its output here

Could you specify exact version of MSSQL ?

Getting similar error

Im getting a similar error:
<b>Source:</b> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server<br/><b>Description:</b> Invalid column name 'guid'.

0: plib\common_func.php3:236
com->execute(string 'select [id], [name], [displayName], [cr_date], [status], [dns_zone_id], [htype], [cl_id], [limits_id], [params_id], [cert_rep_id], [real_size], [guid] from [domains] where [id]=1', NULL null)
1: plib\common_func.php3:236
db_query(string 'select [id], [name], [displayName], [cr_date], [status], [dns_zone_id], [htype], [cl_id], [limits_id], [params_id], [cert_rep_id], [real_size], [guid] from [domains] where [id]=1')
2: plib\class.Table.php:189
Table->select()
3: plib\class.Domain.php:140
Domain->fetchAttrsFromTable_()
4: plib\class.Domain.php:90
Domain->Domain(integer '1')
5: plib\class.PhDomain.php:71
PhDomain->PhDomain(integer '1')
6: plib\common_func.php3:2929
objectMaker(string 'PhDomain', integer '1')
7: auto_prepend\auth.php3:278

Has any one figured this out. The sites assigned to the server are woking and the connections to their db are ok, just that the control panel it TU.

Has their been a fixed posted somewhere. tried the previous fix from this post but nothing

I am having the same issue as the original poster...

<b>Source:</b> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server<br/><b>Description:</b> Invalid column name 'serial'.

I have tried to use both the link'd applications and both, when logged into the server as administrator, give me "permission denied in database 'new'." for each command it tries to run. I am not sure why this is, being logged in to the server as administrator. Please assist.

also getting this error when I try to look at a domain on the web interface:

Notice: Undefined variable: uip in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dashboard\Dashboard.php on line 51

Fatal error: Call to a member function validate() on a non-object in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dashboard\Dashboard.php on line 51

Logging into sites via FTP is failing. The sites are up and running though.

hello??? anyone out there?

the server is pretty much useless as a result of this upgrade. backups fail every night with an output of "Backup error. Invalid column name 'parameters_id'."

The server can not be accessed via FTP. None of the database updates listed in this thread work because I get a permissions error accessing the "new" database when I try to run them (logged into the server as administrator). Also, the dashboard of the web interface fails (as mentioned above).

upgrading to the 8.6.0.2 patch did nothing to resolve any of the issues.

dpender, I would recommend that you switch your PSA database to MySQL4 in order to ensure that theyre fully tested before the release. When switching, the port number is important - MySQL4 is probably running on 8306, not 3306. You can find the login details here:
http://kb.odin.com/en/473

thank you for the suggestion, however, I had to go through parallels support in order to get this resolved - and that required Liquid Web leaning on them to get it done ASAP. My backups aren't working still, but everything else is sorted out... of course, Parallels won't tell me what they did or how they did it because that might actually be helpful.

thanks again.

Seems typical of them, they want to lock you in and take your money while offering as little support as possible.
I'm starting to wonder if they even have a QA dept considering the amount of blown up installations every minor update.

Take the permission error that many are experiencing, not a peep..

I'm getting a simular error when I'm going remove some domains or clients. Not all the clients have it, some of them. It looks like it has to be mail problem, because all the error clients have e-mail. I have updated yet my database upgrade as Serius earlier said, but I'm still getting the following error when I'm removing an client. I have upgraded my Plesk from version 7.6.1 to 8.6.0.3.

Unable to remove clients: Unable to remove client: Problems occured while removing domains: mailmng failed: C Exception: 3221225477
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: htdocs\clients\clients.php3:62

Unable to remove clients: Unable to remove client: Problems occured while removing domains: mailmng failed: C Exception: 3221225477

My experiences with mailmng from previous versions all tied to issues in the way the mail accounts were created in MailEnable. I recommend you check out the MailEnable "auth.tab" file and eliminate any duplicate account names. At one point (8.1?) my auth.tab file was over 1.5mb - after I removed the duplicates it was down to 20kb. That's a HUGE difference. Anyway, removing the duplicates corrected the mailmng errors I was getting. Good luck!

Sorry for this post but why the staff don't reply me for this error?

When I open the CP (login page) I have this error:
Notice: Undefined index: FULL_PROD_NAME in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3 on line 47

Sorry for this post but why the staff don't reply me for this error?

For one, these forums are not officially supported by staff (use the proper support site if you actually want help from them - http://www.parallels.com/en/support/plesk/).

It also doesn't help that you've started like a half dozen threads about the issue, machine-gun style, which really upsets people like me that are willing to help when people are patient enough to wait for assistance. And then you've started co-opting threads (like this one) for yourself, when it has nothing to do with your request. Communities like this are great if you treat the other members of the community with at least a modicum of respect. If you aren't even the least bit familiar with that simple rule of netiquette, you probably shouldn't be running your own server.

Ok but i Think that is dangerus install a plesk's upgrade because each upgrade has a lot of bug and sometimes the swsoft's staff don't give a good FREE support...

This is a good commercial policy AND not a good cunstomers support.

Microsoft's patches are free and don't create onother bug to our SO! When we install a plesk's patches we have a lot of problem... and we don't want to pay for your programmers's incompetence!!

FOR a new plesk's Customers read this page AND THE SUPPORT PRICE:
http://www.parallels.com/en/buyonline/support/plesk/win/

Per Incident Support $75.00
After we have confirmed your payment, you will receive an e-mail from our support system with instructions how to use the support incident. Entering a license key number above is optional when purchasing this type of support.

1 year Single Server Email Support (20 Incidents) $399.00
Includes 1 year support with up to 20 Email incidents for a single server / license.

1 year Single Server Email or Phone Support (20 Incidents) $699.00
Includes 1 year support with up to 20 Email or Phone incidents for a single server / license.

error in upgrade

Hello Sergious,

Had similar problems after updating mainly due to invalid column errors(it seems database of 8.6 is much different)
Everything works fine in plesk 8.6.0.4 after using the 2nd executable you suggested (Plesk_8.2_to_8.6_DatabaseUpgrade.exe).
Only problem remains the manual plesk backup, as it reports invalid fields and collumns.
Do you want me to post exact error message?

thanks

Hello Walter,

Thank you for the report.

Please download and run the tool Plesk8.3DatabaseUpgrade.exe or Plesk_8.2_to_8.6_DatabaseUpgrade.exe.
Please backup Plesk database before tool running.

Any feedback is appreciated.

hey,
Everything works just fine, as i wrote, in 8.6.0.4 (updated from 8.2) after applying your executable.(before had many column errors)

In backup i receive:
An unhandled error occured.The process has been stopped.
Invalid column name 'capp_item_id'. Invalid column name 'license_id'. Invalid column name 'app_release'.

It seems again there is an incombatibility between databases of 8.2 and 8.6

Many thanks
manos

Back