• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error in your german version 11.0.10

juanito

New Pleskian
I am using Web Presence Builder 10.0.10 through my webspace-provider and there is still a massive error in that version:

Under Settings (german: Einstellungen) you have the possibility to save the websites name, a description, and keywords, that should all be transferred to the websites meta-tags. Unfortunately, if I press "Publish", only the metatag "TITLE" is transferred correctly, descriptions and keywords are not transferred. Instead, description and keywords are shown that come from the start of creating a new webpage, when you had to choose in Web Presence Builder, which type of business you would like a homepage for. In the Web Presence Builder, all these settings are saved correctly, but they are not transfered to the created website, when publishing the page.

Parallels.jpg

This error makes web Presence Builder almost useless, as with wrong description and keywords, no one will ever find a website in google and it cannot be that I have to correct manually every html-page separately.

I would be very gratefull if Parallels could fix that error as soon as possible, as my webspace-provider told me that they informed Parallels about the error already some time ago.

Thanks !

Juanito

no answers

Obviously, nobody has an answer, not even the cracks from Parallels. Dear Parallels-guys, you don't have to answer, just correct the bug as soon as possible :-(

Dear Igor

Thank you for your quick answer. I am just a stupid direct consumer that has detected an error that exists in your german version that makes the Web Presence Builder almost useles) and it is definitively not my work and my time to check with my hosting provider about details. Just look them up in your database (metanet, switzerland) or take it as a fact that there is an error in the german version and correct it as soon as possible. Thanks!

Juanito

This is default and correct behaviour but not the bug.
These keywords and descriptions will be applied to newly created pages. I'm not familiar in German, but as far as I remember it is written by grey text below the fields.
If you need apply keywords and descriptions for already existing pages you need to go to "Seiten" tab and apply them for each your page.

Thanks!

Igor, you are great!

There was no hint in the german handbook that meta-tags that are filled in the Settings / Basic - Template are not copied to the respectively pages. I thought if I can change the websites name, description- and keywords-tags, they will be moved automatically to all the pages by pressing "Publishing". I realized that only the Name-Field was moved to the page.

I now discovered on the template Pages (Seiten) that there was a small blue link for "Description and Keywords" and I now used this one. It worked perfectly.

I might be wrong but I think if someone has global description and keywords, he should be able to put them under SETTINGS and publish them automatically to all the pages and the option on the Pages-Template is only if someone wants to use different description and keywords on every page.

Thanks again, Igor for your help. This hint will help perfectly for the moment.

Juanito

Juanito,

Thanks for your contribution.

I might be wrong but I think if someone has global description and keywords, he should be able to put them under SETTINGS and publish them automatically to all the pages and the option on the Pages-Template is only if someone wants to use different description and keywords on every page.

If I may add:

I recommend to use an individual description (and keywords) for each web page: Since page descriptions appear in the search engine result pages they help users to get an idea of the content. Page descriptions are also relevant for the ranking in search engines: Using page specific terms in the description help in attracting more traffic to the site.

What I usually do is to start by defining a generic description and a set of generic keywords in the Settings menu of Web Presence Builder and then adapt them for every page that I create. The advantage is that you don't have to retype everytime but just add and delete what differs. I hope this helps.

@ Juanito: It's a pleasure! Greetings to (and from) Switzerland.

@ Igor: Following Juanito's question I understand that the instructions in the handbook might be unclear. In chapter Settings and Tools for Webmasters it says:

Add short description (up to 255 symbols) of your website.

This description will be used as a default description for new pages. It will be shown by search engines when people see your website in search results.

and

Provide a list of keywords that describe your website (10-15 keywords are recommended).

These keywords will be used as default keywords for new pages. Keywords are analyzed by search engines and used for displaying your website when people search for these keywords.

How about changing it to something like this:

Add short description (up to 255 symbols) of your website.

This description will be used as a default description for new pages. It will be shown by search engines when people see your website in search results. Please note that changing the default description does not overwrite existing descriptions of individual pages.

and

Provide a list of keywords that describe your website (10-15 keywords are recommended).

These keywords will be used as default keywords for new pages. Keywords are analyzed by search engines and used for displaying your website when people search for these keywords. Please note that changing the default keywords does not overwrite existing keywords of individual pages.

In my view that would be more specific. What is your opinion?

Howdy guys!

You discuss an outdated version of the WPB. At the latest this issue is not actual, because changes at "Settings" page are applied for all pages except ones for which custom keywords/description are specified.

Please take a look to the demo for the new behaviour.

I've attached screenshot to illustrate (text in gray color it's defaults from "settings" page):
page_description.jpg

Dear Egor

Thanks for the good news. That is exactly, what I would have expected. Specifying it once and distribute it to every page, if there is are no specific keywords/title for a certain page.
But I was told here that it was supposed to be correct that (wrong) way. Anyway....nice to hear that in one of the newer english Versions, the obvious mistake has been corrected. Unfortunately, as we discussed here, this was about the german version and my provider still uses version 11.0.10 GERMAN.

Thanks anyway to everybody for your great Support!

Juanito

Thanks Egor.

I would like to use the features of the latest WPB release but depend on my web hoster's services and upgrade schedule. I wonder how a WPB release is related to a Plesk release? For example, could the latest WPB release run on Plesk 11.0.9 or do I just have to wait for my hoster to upgrade Plesk?

Back