• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error installing Clamav in Plesk Email Security

ErnestoSF

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 9.1
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.50
Hi, I am installing a new Plesk server with Almalinux 9.1. When I install Plesk Email Security, Clamav give an error:

Installing ClamAV
Execution filemng has failed with exit code 1, stdout: Last metadata expiration check: 0:07:43 ago on Fri 03 Feb 2023 01:08:27 PM CET.
No match for argument: clamsmtp
, stderr: Error: Unable to find a match: clamsmtp

Plesk is Obsidian 18.0.50 and all components are updated.

I tried to install clamsmtp manually but this package is not found.

Perhaps is there any incompatibility with Almalinux 9?

Thanks

Attachments

• clamav error.JPG
    clamav error.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 24
Hi @ErnestoSF , this can probably not be solved without an engineer checking it on your system. Please open a ticket with Plesk support and mention these two potentially matching IDs that I have already researched for them to get them started on it faster: article no. 7163410945682 and ID EXTPLESK-3847.

I have reinstalled again with Almalinux 8.7 and Plesk Email Security gives another error. It's new server, with new installation of Almalinux and new installation of Plesk usin 1Click install.

Execution pleskrc has failed with exit code 1, stdout: INFO: [Sun Feb 5 20:45:32 CET 2023]: Service: amavisd, Action: restart
Trying to restart service amavisd... active
Feb 05 20:45:32 xxxxxxx systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=255
Feb 05 20:45:32 xxxxxxx systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Feb 05 20:45:32 xxxxxxx systemd[1]: Failed to start Amavis mail content checker.

***** problem report *****
Warning: restart service amavisd failed

, stderr: Job for amavisd.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status amavisd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

The logs:
systemctl status amavisd.service
● amavisd.service - Amavis mail content checker
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/amavisd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2023-02-05 20:45:34 CET; 1min 40s ago
Docs: amavisd-new
Process: 139662 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/amavisd -c /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf (code=exited, status=255)
Main PID: 139445 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Feb 05 20:45:34 systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=255
Feb 05 20:45:34 systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Feb 05 20:45:34 systemd[1]: Failed to start Amavis mail content checker.
Feb 05 20:45:34 systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Feb 05 20:45:34 systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 4.
Feb 05 20:45:34 systemd[1]: Stopped Amavis mail content checker.
Feb 05 20:45:34 systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Feb 05 20:45:34 systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Feb 05 20:45:34 systemd[1]: Failed to start Amavis mail content checker.

journalctl -xe
-- the configured Restart= setting for the unit.
Feb 05 20:49:53 xxxxxx systemd[1]: Stopped Amavis mail content checker.
-- Subject: Unit amavisd.service has finished shutting down
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: Red Hat Customer Experience & Engagement - Red Hat Customer Portal
--
-- Unit amavisd.service has finished shutting down.
Feb 05 20:49:53 xxxxxxx systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Feb 05 20:49:53 xxxxxxx systemd[1]: amavisd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
-- Subject: Unit failed
--
-- The unit amavisd.service has entered the 'failed' state with result 'exit-code'.
Feb 05 20:49:53 xxxxxxx systemd[1]: Failed to start Amavis mail content checker.
-- Subject: Unit amavisd.service has failed
--
-- Unit amavisd.service has failed.
--
-- The result is failed.

Previous Plesk installation with Almalinux 8, did not had this errors with Plesk Email Security.
I don't know if may be a bug with the las version of Plesk, the last verion of the extension or the las version of Almalinux.

Investigating a bit more, I found that Amavis installation give that error because one module of perl was missing and may be installed manually:

yum install perl-DBD-MySQL

Once installed, the extension ends installation without errors.

So with Almalinux 8 this extension works fine but with Almalinux 9 gives the error of Clamav installation

Along these same lines, I tried installing the Plesk Email Security extension a few days ago, after I had already installed ClamAv on my system. The Plesk Email Security dashboard is showing that ClamAv is not installed. Maybe because it was already installed and running as a service, so Plesk Email Security wasn't able to register it as installed? Should I have stopped the service before installing Plesk Email Security?

Along these same lines, I tried installing the Plesk Email Security extension a few days ago, after I had already installed ClamAv on my system. The Plesk Email Security dashboard is showing that ClamAv is not installed. Maybe because it was already installed and running as a service, so Plesk Email Security wasn't able to register it as installed? Should I have stopped the service before installing Plesk Email Security?
clamav service.jpg

plesk email security.jpg

Back