• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue ERROR: Interface 'Service_Driver_Core_Interface' not found (Plesk.php:8)

dfk1976

New Pleskian
Plesk Version: 12.5
Ubuntu Server 14.04

Since today I can't access the plesk control panel and get the following error message:
ERROR: Interface 'Service_Driver_Core_Interface' not found (Plesk.php:8)

This morning, there was also an email error report with the following content:
Cron <###@###> test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
/etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily:
run-parts: failed to exec /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily: Exec format error
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily exited with return code 1
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/pleskupdate exited with return code 1

After rebooting the server there is also another error message:
ERROR: PleskDBException: Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect(): No such file or directory /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock (Error code: 2002). Please check that database server is started and accessible. (Abstract.php:69)
So there happend somthing wrong with Plesk.

The server itself works normally, all service (email, apache, php etc.) work normally. But after the reboot you can't ssh into the server.

What could be the error?

It is not possible to find the error if you cannot login by SSH. SSH is not part of Plesk, but configured solely in your operating system. What is the reason for not being able to login with SSH?

I don't know what happend. I did now make a backup restore from 3 days ago and now all works as it should. What I also found was that the file /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily had content with a pattern something like "/@/@/@ ... /@/@/@" - so this should definitliy include some script commands. Also after the succesful backup restore in the Plesk Panel now appeares a message that the licensing will shortly end and I should update. This message never appeared the past last years. So I updated the license and now it shows that the license will be valid until end of April 2021. Should there be normally a cron job in Plesk which auto updates the license or do I need now manually update the license every month? Are there any known issues with the license until the beggining of this month April 2021 for Plesk 12.5?

Last edited:
The /@/@/@ ... /@/@/@ sequence in a file normally occurs when the file has been damaged on disk. This can happen for example if a write process is interrupted by a sudden power outage or reboot. But it is also possible that the hard disk has a defect. I'd suggest to stop all services and run fsck on all disks to make sure that the disks are all good.

Ok, good to know. Perhaps there was a sudden hardware defect. In this case it is a virtual Server at an ISP in Germany and the storage should normally be network attached. But it could be that there was a failure in the filesystem. Thanks I will contact the ISP support and thank you too for your hint.

Last edited:
Back