• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"Error: Invalid webmail type" when creating subdomain.

M

M555789s

I recently upgraded to version 11.0. Since the upgrade, I am not longer able to to create Sub-Domains. I did this all the time with version 10x with NO issues whatsover, but now I get the following error when trying to create a subdomain:

Error: Invalid webmail type

SCREENSHOT OF ERROR IS ATTACHED.

Someone, Please Help me.

THanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 24
Normally this issue will occur if the webmail is not selected in the domains service plan. It seems that it was selected but it was not enabled in the server components. Try to enabled webmail in Home>Tools & Settings>Webmail Services

I'm having a similar issue and it seams to be allright.
I'm using Horde 4.3.11 I have activated as well and I´ve put it in the hosting plan I´m using for the accounts.
Then I go to the clients control pannel and I try to create a domain and I get a message error: invalid webmail type, and the domains is not created. Any clue

Normally this issue will occur if the webmail is not selected in the domains service plan. It seems that it was selected but it was not enabled in the server components. Try to enabled webmail in Home>Tools & Settings>Webmail Services

This new Plesk version such an asshole. Too many errors... It is really weird. I also get the same error and cant find the solution... I prefer previous Plesk 9.5, please kindly post this feedback to your management

This new Plesk version such... Too many errors... It is really weird. I also get the same error and cant find the solution... I prefer previous Plesk 9.5, please kindly post this feedback to your management

Last edited by a moderator:
What version do you use? 11.0? Could you provide more details about your problems?

Of course I use Plesk 11.0... Very annoying. I got same error above when creating new domain. You need to post this issue with your developer. I have checked that the mail has been chosen and enabled correctly. It is really very weird Control Panel. Just recommendation for Plesk team. I would recommend you to use same interface with Plesk 9.5, you can upgrade the feature like PHP version, ASP.NET. The structure better than this new Plesk. Most of my clients COMPLAIN about this Plesk 11. :( :(

It is really very weird Control Panel. Just recommendation for Plesk team. I would recommend you to use same interface with Plesk 9.5, you can upgrade the feature like PHP version, ASP.NET. The structure better than this new Plesk. Most of my clients COMPLAIN about this Plesk 11. :( :(

Could you please describe with more details what exactly wrong with Plesk 11.5 interface? Why your clients think that this interface is worse that interface of Plesk 9.5? And why using PowerUser Mode on Plesk 11.5 is not suitable for you?

Could you please describe with more details what exactly wrong with Plesk 11.5 interface? Why your clients think that this interface is worse that interface of Plesk 9.5? And why using PowerUser Mode on Plesk 11.5 is not suitable for you?

For example, on previous plesk 9.5, if we create new domain, it will be assigned new application pool. With this new plesk, we create new subscription and then if we create additional domain, it will be on the same application pool. If one site is crash, then other sites will be impact too. This is only one example.

The second like the structure of the file. On previous plesk, if we create additional subdomain (physical subdoamin hosting), the location of the file MUST BE at ..../subdomains/yoursubdomainname. In new Plesk, we decide to choose the location. It will very hard to maintain if you're a hosting provider.

The best thing for this new Plesk I like is only support for the latest php version.

regarding webmail try removing and readding webmail using updates and upgrades. Also check if it is showing correctly in server component section.

Back