• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error message: "Backup file has wrong signature for this server"

N

NormanH

Hello,

I tried to restore a backup on another server and got the error message "Backup file has wrong signature for this server". Both servers are running Plesk 9.2.3.

Here's what I did:

Make a backup on the old server
> /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --server -v --split=1024M --suspend --output-file=umzug_20091116
That took almost 2 hours and put out 14 files with a total of almost 14 GB.

Copy all backup files to the new server
> scp -p umzug_20091116* root@servername:backup

Restore the backup on the new server
> /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore umzug_20091116 -level server

Then it did sth for a couple of minutes and then came the error message.

Where is my mistake?

Thank You
-Norman

Norman,

Try to add following options for pleskrestore:

-verbose -conflicts-resolution conflict_resolution_rules -debug

and post full output here.

it didn't work

h1655451:~/backup # /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore umzug_20091116 -level server -verbose -conflicts-resolution conflict_resolution_rules -debug
Unable to read the conflicts resolution file 'conflict_resolution_rules'

which file is meant?

h1655451:~/backup # find / -name \*conflict_resolution_rules\*
/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20091116173450393/conflict_resolution_rules
/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20091116173451845/conflict_resolution_rules
/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20091116180058715/conflict_resolution_rules
/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/2009111618010033/conflict_resolution_rules
/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20091117155834527/conflict_resolution_rules
/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20091117155836679/conflict_resolution_rules
/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20091117160517646/conflict_resolution_rules
/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20091117160519535/conflict_resolution_rules
h1655451:~/backup #

Just try to compare date of umzug_20091116 file and one of /usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20091116*/conflict_resolution_rules files.

I took the first one of the files.

Here's command that I used
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore umzug_20091116 -level server -verbose -conflicts-resolution /usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20091116173450393/conflict_resolution_rules -debug > restore.txt

At the end, it said as usual
Unable to resolve all conflicts

I already noticed sth in the log...
<param name="limit-requested-value" value="17"/>
<param name="limit-available-value" value="10"/>
.. but I don't know if there's more to it.

The restore.txt is attached to this post.

Thanks

Attachments

• restore.txt
    43.7 KB · Views: 12
<message>backup__restore__conflict_object_name</message>
<name>kaiserslauternamerican.com</name>
<type>backup__restore__object_domain</type>
<reasons>
<reason>
<message>backup__restore__conflict_resource_usage_reason</message>
<param name="type" value="backup__restore__object_plesk_admin"/>
<param name="name" value="backup__restore__object_plesk_admin"/>
<param name="limit-name" value="max_dom"/>
<param name="limit-requested-value" value="17"/>
<param name="limit-available-value" value="10"/>
</reason>
</reasons>

As you can see there is problem with limit for "max_dom" - requested 17, but available 10. Check domain's limit for client, for license. As you can see this limit should be increased to 17.

Still get error despite new license

Thank you so far, Igor.
I got a new license today which includes 30 domains, so the 17 domains that are in my backup should be fine.
But I still get the same error message, this time because of - I guess - the different IP address.
What do I need to do to change the IP in the backup?

Attachments

• restore_with_new_license.txt
    28.6 KB · Views: 10
Thank you, Igor.
I took the conflict_resolution_rules file and changed all IP adresses to the new one and the restore worked this time. However, I still got the same error message regarding the signature.

Here's all output:

Backup file has wrong signature for this server
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result status="success"><object name="default certificate" type="SSL certificate"><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/certificate.php --create default\ certificate -cert-file /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp/pmm-cert-Yptg9d -key-file /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp/pmm-privkey-6HZrOt -admin -default failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Unable to create certificate "default certificate": certificate with such name already exists
</text></message></object><message code="Cannot unpack" severity="error"><text>unknown error</text></message><message code="Cannot unpack" severity="error"><text>unknown error</text></message><message code="Cannot unpack" severity="error"><text>unknown error</text></message><message code="Cannot unpack" severity="error"><text>unknown error</text></message></execution-result>

You can view additional information in the log file located in /usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20091120092953893 directory. This directory will be removed automatically after 30 days.

I guess I don't have to worry about the certificate error.
Is there anything in the mentioned directory that I should check? I already checked several files there and didn't find any hints that there were any problems other than the default SSL certificate.

One more question:
The restore was made from a backup that was created one week ago. If I make a new backup on the old server, will the restore on the new server overwrite all data (I'd be fine with that), or will it quit with an error because all domains and clients are already there?

Right, I think that it can be ignored. Unfortunately I have not found anything regarding this error in our internal resources.
Regarding your question I can say that it depends on version. In pre-9 version it will probably report the error (although, I remember that it may silently overwrite domain data), however in Plesk 9.x it will use resolution policies - complex xml described stuff to decide whether to overwrite existing data or use data from backup.

I had to do the restore already last friday, so I simply tried it and looked what happened. There were no other error messages when I restored the new backup. So I thought everything was fine. However, I noticed today that sth strange happened. Some of the sites now use more than double of the space than they used before on the old server. I made a screenshot of both and put the most important columns in on picture (see attachment, I marked the most notable differences). One site went from 547 MB to 1123 MB, but had a limit of only 1000 MB, and therefore got suspended. When I checked that site, I found ~100 MB web data and ~450 MB email data, so 547 MB should be correct. Where do the huge differences come from?
Other than that, all sites seem to work after the restore, so thank you very much for you help.

Attachments

• plesk.PNG
    plesk.PNG
    75.7 KB · Views: 15
Norman,

I can assume only that this size difference can be related to different block size on file system on old and new server? But I'm not sure. You can compare it with something like:

tune2fs -l /dev/sda2 | grep 'Block size'

You should use your partition instead /dev/sda2, of course.

Well, there's a slight difference...
:-/

Old server:
# tune2fs -l /dev/md1 | grep Block
Block count: 97400064
Block size: 4096
Blocks per group: 32768

New server:
# tune2fs -l /dev/md1 | grep Block
Block count: 243912864
Block size: 4096
Blocks per group: 32768

The block size is the same, but the block count is more than double.
Is this a Linux or a Plesk problem?

If block size the same - it is not Linux platform related issue. I think it is Plesk problem and I can suggest you just correct disk_usage table directly in psa database.

I checked the knowledgebase and googled, but didn't find anything how to do it.
Would you have a link for me?
Many thanks

I checked the knowledgebase and googled, but didn't find anything how to do it.
Would you have a link for me?
Many thanks

Just login to Plesk database with

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa

And then look at disk_usage table with

select * from disk_usage\G

After that you can try to edit needed values there if you familiar with SQL. Contact to Plesk Support Team if not.

Back