• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Error on creating plesk backup: Unable to make database dump. Exit code: 5

dagclaessens

New Pleskian
We run a backup of the server every night. The server has multiple databases (250+). All databases are backed up without issues, only 2 of them give this exact error:
Unable to make database dump. Error: Failed to exec mysqldump: Exit code: 5:

When I search for this error, this mostly occurs when the server does not have enough disk space. I am certain the server has enough disk space. I even increased the disk space (virtual server) to be sure. While these are the 2 biggest databases on the server, they are not really big (1.5 - 2GB).
Can anyone help me with this issue? Thank you in advance!

I think I might found where the problem is. Plesk uses the DUMP_TMP_D variable for creating the dump. It is now on the /tmp partition.
Is it save to change this (DUMP_TMP_D) to a new directory on the main partition? (For example /var/tmp/pleskbackup).
The current values are:
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps
DUMP_TMP_D /tmp
This is the free disk space to make it all clear:
1646079770945.png

Attachments

• 1646079767834.png
    1646079767834.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your quick response. Your link is for changing the DUMP_D value, but this value is (I think) correct, because /var is linked to the root. The issue is in the DUMP_TMP_D value, because this one is linked to the small /tmp partition. Do I need to follow these steps from your link as well or can I juste change the DUMP_TMP_D value?

Back