• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ERROR: PleskFatalException:

EricHamby

Basic Pleskian
My internet was down for a few days. When i got it back up and tried logging on to one of my servers im getting this error.

ERROR: PleskFatalException: Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect(): Connection refused (auth.php:142)

Tried restarting PSA and get this...

[root@server1 ~]# /etc/init.d/psa stop
Stopping psa... done
[root@server1 ~]# /etc/init.d/psa start
Starting psa... Starting sw-engine-fpm: [ OK ]
done
Starting xinetd service... done
Starting sw-cp-server service... done
Starting mysqld service... failed
Trying to connect to MySQL... Failed to connect to MySQL: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
Trying to start service mysqld... mysqld is stopped
Another MySQL daemon already running with the same unix socket.
Starting mysqld: [FAILED]

Hello,

I can see there is an issues with the MySQL sock, You will have to remove that MySQL sock from /var/lib/mysql directory and try to start your MySQL services and plesk service on your server.

You should also look at the MySQL log for the cause of MySQL failing to start.

Still having issues here. each time i restart the server its giving me this issue. I have resorted to wiping the server after backing everything up, installing a fresh copy of Centos 6.5 and plesk and after first restart i got this issue again.

I have exactly the same problem, just started on a couple of boxes that have been running for several months. They are both test VMs, so have re-images both with both previously working images, and fresh Ubuntu and Centos installs followed by a clean Plesk installation. Same problem on all.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thought I'd already posted here.

My mysql.sock permissions were incorrect. chmod 777 mysql.sock and problem solved Eric.

ERROR: PleskFatalException: Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect(): Connection refused (auth.php:149)

I have the same Problem, i need Help.
I can`t solve the Problem.

Maybe after a Plesk Update this Error shows.
The CHMOD Solutions doesn`t work.

Last edited:
ERROR: Another MySQL daemon already running with the same unix socket.

Solution:
First stop mysql service and Rename or delete current mysql.sock file and restart mysql service

# /etc/init.d/mysqld stop

# mv /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.back
or other catalog name:
# mv /var/lib/mysqld/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysqld/mysql.sock.back

And then start mysql service

# /etc/init.d/mysqld start

You will see your issue is resolved and mysql service started smoothly.
enjoy
juliusz

Last edited:
Back